• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID Younger insiders new PTSD dx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfire

MyPTSD Pro
After about a year of increasing pain, had surgery that eliminated it. All fine for 5+ weeks. Now surgeon has referred us for psPTSD. (PostSurgeryPTSD).

Know how to deal with PTSD. No prob! Nope. It seems a younger group is suffering from it now. More fear, night terrors, eating problems, etc. Way less ability to process rationally.

appreciate any input.

I’m not sure how surgery equals a younger group. . . All ages are more than capable of developing PTSD. . . I’m confused by your post.

@Annalyn78 My read is the OP has D.I.D.

Coped well with surgery, but it set off their PTSD, for which they got freshly dx'd... And their DID, for which they're seeking help now, here.

To @Starfire, sorry you are struggling.

A few things to cope:

A. Proper pain medication. If it's insufficient / too many / too bad side effect medication, of course it slides you to developmentally younger or survival mode as when in trauma.

B. Explain to insiders what is going on properly. With the body and the procedures - and that they are currently hurting but does not mean currently abused, or about to be currently abused.

C. Self care for the young ones that is age appropriate and healthy.

D. Make sure the kids have enough of needs met - especially those they didn't when they formed / when you all were as young child as they.

@Annalyn78 My read is the OP has D.I.D.

Coped well with surgery, but it set off their PTSD, for which they got freshly dx'd... And their DID, for which they're seeking help now, here.

To @Starfire, sorry you are struggling.

A few things to cope:

A. Proper pain medication. If it's insufficient / too many / too bad side effect medication, of course it slides you to developmentally younger or survival mode as when in trauma.

B. Explain to insiders what is going on properly. With the body and the procedures - and that they are currently hurting but does not mean currently abused, or about to be currently abused.

C. Self care for the young ones that is age appropriate and healthy.

D. Make sure the kids have enough of needs met - especially those they didn't when they formed / when you all were as young child as they.
you

Thanks all good points especially B. Darn, I knew that. Just with everything forgot. C is important too. Thanks for the reminder. Will do.

:D

No worries, D.I.D. literally makes it impossible to remember so much right...

Glad you found some tools to help yourselves with and hope if it don't do, you ask up people round here again. As so well done with that. :tup:

After about a year of increasing pain, had surgery that eliminated it. All fine for 5+ weeks. Now surgeon has referred us for psPTSD. (PostSurgeryPTSD).

Know how to deal with PTSD. No prob! Nope. It seems a younger group is suffering from it now. More fear, night terrors, eating problems, etc. Way less ability to process rationally.

appreciate any input.

Remember to eat a good breakfast (and if you can't eat in the morning) or drink a high protein shake every single morning (maybe your littles like chocolate, vanilla, or you can add strawberry flavoring or whirr in strawberries and make a fruit flavored one). I add a little milk (1/2-1 cup) to the chocolate shake....makes it taste like chocolate milk for breakfast! (I use Premiere Protein 30 grams protein-low calorie too). It helps my brain get working in the morning, you get your am vitamins, and helps you cope if you're having trouble eating. You might also try fruity popsicles in combo w a fun tv show to get liquids in in the evening-getting dehydrated is another way to compound the problem. A tasty diversion when watching a kids show can get more food in....I can eat through an entire movie.......and sometimes we have one or two Yasso chocolate Greek Yogurt Bars........which have 6 grams of protein. Make sure to get enough protein and liquids each day, and all of you will feel better!

When I had both brain and abdominal surgery, I prepared my insiders ahead of time - one in particular was super upset and anxious - and we didn't have too many issues after either. Both required a lengthy recovery period and I used the time to talk to them and help them express their worries. I also made sure we did fun stuff (which ended up being watching videos, coloring, chocolate, and macaroni and cheese) - it was one of the best times I've had in terms of communication and cooperation.

I'm sorry you have this on your plate and hope you will find some things that help you and yours!

Remember to eat a good breakfast (and if you can't eat in the morning) or drink a high protein shake every single morning (maybe your littles like chocolate, vanilla, or you can add strawberry flavoring or whirr in strawberries and make a fruit flavored one). I add a little milk (1/2-1 cup) to the chocolate shake....makes it taste like chocolate milk for breakfast! (I use Premiere Protein 30 grams protein-low calorie too). It helps my brain get working in the morning, you get your am vitamins, and helps you cope if you're having trouble eating. You might also try fruity popsicles in combo w a fun tv show to get liquids in in the evening-getting dehydrated is another way to compound the problem. A tasty diversion when watching a kids show can get more food in....I can eat through an entire movie.......and sometimes we have one or two Yasso chocolate Greek Yogurt Bars........which have 6 grams of protein. Make sure to get enough protein and liquids each day, and all of you will feel better!

Can you make up several at one time to keep refrig? Don't think we will do that every day. Thanks. It actually sounds good. We are probably low on protein. Most protein means cooking!

I take 1 Premier Protein shake-(they come in packs of 6 or 12).......you buy it in a bottle/container all mixed up in liquid form ready to drink (2 grams sugar, 5 grams carbs, low in fat, and 160 calories), put it in the fridge if you want it cold or drink it room temp, you screw off the cap, pour it in your big cup, add 1 cup of milk in your big thermal cup (if you even want the extra milk)....whole or 2% milk or even skim, (I prefer whole), and drink it for breakfast. They are great for driving to work and getting breakfast on the go or lazing at home and watching TV. If you add 1 cup of milk, you have 38 grams of protein for breakfast, over 1/2 calcium for the day, over 1/2 vitamin D for the day, and almost all your protein for the day.....and it's chocolate! Mixing in the milk, gives you 233 calories, 24 vitamins/minerals, and gets most of your daily protein in in the morning which is super for thinking and energy-and keeps glucose stable. It gets rid of brain fog due to poor diet....in me and others I know. The shakes are easy on the stomach, you can sip it and work, and I try to have it down by 12 noon. That is a full meal in vitamins, no mess, no fuss. I buy mine in packs of 12 through Amazon. You can get them at many food stores and at drug stores. While they aren't particularly cheap.....if you compare them to what you buy for a regular meal, and the clean up you don't have to do.....a 12pk is 29.00-or 2.50 per shake....about.....or the price of a 20 oz soda.
Good luck.....it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back