• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Errr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowflake

MyPTSD Pro
Just booted off a site -the lady thought I was a troll trying to hear others stories. Feel hurt and punished...again

Oh well, you are here, and we don't have a problem sharing our stories... so it's a win-win for you.... can't be punished if it's not the truth... Probably not what you needed in the way of healing... so a blessing in disguise maybe??? Ya, let's look at it that way !! Gentle hugs for your hurt feelings.

It's ok. Just stay here. I don't know how you asked, but given that there was someone here awhile ago who was asking questions about CSA survivors and sex, it might have just been the person was trying to be protective of other members-----predators do indeed troll these types of forums. If you were new there, that would have thrown up red flags.

If you dont want to answer this its okay, but is it because you asked a lot of questions?

I ask that because I have joined other forums, but mostly to see other people's stories so I would feel a little more normal. I wasnt at all comfortable talking about myself, so I would just ask questions and I noticed that people would ignore it or give short answers most of the time so I'd just quit.

Now I wonder if the questions right away made it look like a troll. Thats why this forum was so different right away and I stayed. I'm sorry somebody made you feel like a weirdo!....You never know how healthy the people running it are either, maybe your more okay than they are.

If you dont want to answer this its okay, but is it because you asked a lot of questions?

I ask that bec...

Hmmm possibly-many many people answered -but it could have flagged the ones in charge-I guess.

Anyhow I have deleted my other FB with pages/groups/sites I liked-best be safe just staying out of sight and quiet.

But just so everyone knows -I am not a troll -I can tell you my life and it's not good. I just want support....hate being alone.

It's ok. Just stay here. I don't know how you asked, but given that there was someone here awhile...
Eve, I cant quote posts because my old key board is missing keys now. But I wanted to reply to what you said about the possible sex troll . I was up late and coming off pain meds from dental surgery on this forum, being fairly new. I was kind of over sharing, but not from meds, I genuinely felt comfortable for the first time.
There was a new person making posts and chatting that I immediately felt suspicious of, and every time they showed up my anxiety level went up. For some reason I sort of freaked out and had a panic attack. It was a combination of reading a forum from someone else that hit a nerve, feeling exposed from all the sudden over sharing I was doing, and oxycontin. This person showed up in a chat and sent me over the edge just by showing up. So, maybe its not personal that moderators were concerned, they just now how sensitive things can be and need to err on the side of caution? I see what you're saying and it makes sense. It would feel pretty crappy to realize someone identified you that way falsely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back