• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

“That’s my secret, Captain. I’m always angry.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
Hulk. lol. Bruce finally learned to deal with his "condition." I think this is part of the "secret" to living with PTSD.

It may not be anger. Maybe it is. Or it's fear. Self defeating thoughts. Catastrophizing. Avoidance. Just feeling generally like crap all the time.

Sometimes I do better accepting where I am right now with the limits it places on my ability to be who I always thought I was. I turn green. I don't fight it. I just learn that it's a new part of who I am.

By being one with my suffering, I take some of its power away. Works better than fighting the monster. I've learned that when I fight my hulk within, I always lose.

How about you?

I turn green. I don't fight it. I just learn that it's a new part of who I am.
I'm wondering, what does this look like, when it happens? I don't mean turn green, lol - more, I'm wondering, are you talking about expressing your anger, or do you mean accepting it?

I'm wondering, what does this look like, when it happens? I don't mean turn green, lol - more, I'm wondering, are you talking about expressing your anger, or do you mean accepting it?
Accepting it for sure. And it's not generally anger in my case. Scared. Frustrated. Confused. Trying to figure out how to live with the new me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back