• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault A dude I used to know moved to my city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good she knows :tup:

But not melodramatic in the slightest.

Think of it in different terms...
You are her patient.
She's ensuring that patient's safety.
Has to take precautions, even if the danger ain't *seem* imminent to that pt.

Part of the risk? Not knowing the risk.
Only sensible to factor that in. Instead of dismiss it.

Good job hanging in there an talking up and talking to us bout it, Chrissy :tup: * *goldstars you*

But I like the sound of your T. She's asked your permission to check in on you and she is getting advice about what might need to be done.
Lol thanks. I'm actually driving myself nuts though. We agreed if she was going to the police she would phone first and I'd have chance to go myself first, so I'm assuming her supervisor said nah it's cool so that I stay sane, and totally ignoring the part where it's the weekend so she could easily be waiting til Monday to ask :laugh:
I'm way too much of a control freak to sit around and wait for people to decide my shit without me :laugh:
It isn't melodramatic. It is sensible, caring, taking active steps to make sure you are safe.
I'm really glad you told her.
Thanks, I think it's weird cos I had a T at the time who was way less concerned. But I can't remember what I said about it, and she was a student and way out her depth so *shrug*
And I hope this awful situation you are in gets sorted for you soon.
Thanks.
Think of it in different terms...
You are her patient.
She's ensuring that patient's safety.
Has to take precautions, even if the danger ain't *seem* imminent to that pt.
Yeah I get it, kinda. Like nurse brain gets it, the whole better to be overcautious than under cautious thing. Basically she thinks I'm a deer caught in headlights who can see a car coming towards me that may or may not hit me but I'm just kinda staring at the car like "well f*ck. Let's hope that doesn't hit me again ?" So she trusts my assessment of the situation, just not that I won't be a dumbass about it I guess?
Good job hanging in there an talking up and talking to us bout it, Chrissy :tup: * *goldstars you*
Thanks. I might actually lose my mind before I get an update about wtf is happening so "hanging in there" is a bit generous :laugh: but hey, I'll take it.

Hi @Chris-duck , I would have been going spare too having to wait all weekend. Do you mind me asking if you have heard anything now?
Hope you are doing ok.
Nope. Not heard owt, she has text once a day basically just asking if I'm okay. It feels weird to reply interrogating her about if she's spoke to supervisor yet when it's just like a "hey are you alive?" interaction. So like, not knowing shit is bugging me, but knowing snippets of info will bug me more, so I'm sure she'd reply a yay or nay about whether she spoke to him, but I'm not really sure that'd help how I feel about it without more info ?

So I'll just interrogate her on Wednesday I guess? :laugh: Ugghhhh.

Or....when she asks you if you are okay you could say not knowing about the outcome of her talk with her supervisor is causing you difficulty?
Yeah, I guess her texts are more "did you get to work safely?" than "whatcha feeling?". So I don't really wanna make it a pure conversation when that's not really what the agreement was? Heh. Only like 24 hours left, then she'll be like "nah you're cool", cos I'm still pretending to trust that she would call if it wasn't :cautious:
You're doing really well with the wait. That's a hard thing to go through.
Thanks. I'm so impatient and such a control freak :laugh:

I genuinely can't tell whether she's being overly cautious or whether I'm like totally nuts :laugh: Like I don't think I considered it a possibility this level of concern would happen? Cos like ? it's probably fine.

I get all that.

It's good you've now only got a day to wait and that you are trusting her and how she is dealing with this.

I also totally get the unsure feelings of if this concern of hers is over reacting or not. The way I see that is perhaps being so used to people not considering us/exploiting us; and also our 'normalising' or expecting that exploitative behaviour. And spending time minimising certain experiences, so that when someone does respond in a way that people should respond, it's confusing as it challenges everything we know? (Sorry I'm not articulating it right).

You ain't nuts and she's just cautious, not overly so. ;)

Like, someone to watch your back on things you're too miffy & fed up with & want to leave in the past where they belong, to me sounds like a win?

Don't shoo her if you can help it. :)
Hope prick boyband don't try to start shit in any way and don't take interest in your existence in any way.

*keeps crossing fingers & thinking of you*

The way I see that is perhaps being so used to people not considering us/exploiting us; and also our 'normalising' or expecting that exploitative behaviour. And spending time minimising certain experiences, so that when someone does respond in a way that people should respond, it's confusing as it challenges everything we know?
Yeah. That's basically what she thought cos I talked about it yesterday and she was like "you think I'm overreacting?" And I'm like "well yah. Cos like I'm good. Wtf is the worst that can happen? Eh I know the answer. Shut up ?" She basically blahblahd that I'm so used to looking out for myself that I get confused and feel babied when people react like a normal human. Obv that's her saying that, so heh, still who knows ? but meh, she backs your theory.
You ain't nuts and she's just cautious, not overly so. ;)

Like, someone to watch your back on things you're too miffy & fed up with & want to leave in the past where they belong, to me sounds like a win?
Yeah. I think the problem kinda is that part of me (not IFS/DID meaning) is like "f*cking bring it. Send them all right to my door. I'll f*cking take them on. N if I don't ?" which is bad for safety but good for like humaning in the mean time? ?
Hope prick boyband don't try to start shit in any way and don't take interest in your existence in any way.
Hah thanks. And prick boyband is so how imma refer to them from now on.

Side note: my NHS waiting list is now up for IOP anyway so it's a bit weird cos they can't in person til lockdown is opened up here, but I have appt with that dude next week to work something out. So I'm changing Ts anyway :laugh:

Yeah, I get that part reasoning a lot.

That anger & f*cking bring it, bitch. ... is healthy...

But the follow up actions need be careful & planned up *too*. Bring it on just isn't enough.

Kudos on finding a new T...
But don't avoid the whole topic via that change.
And don't use it as a reason to go all denial route and minimizing on safety needs. Which to me sounds very much you sound like doing.

As yeah. Pricks just showing up don't get the Chrissyworld revolving around them, true that and good that. But they need be counted with; not La la lah'd, nothing here, about. :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back