• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ask a foreigner

@Teasel, it gets more humid the closer you get to the Coast. Lower Texas and Louisiana are humid. Sometimes the humidity is higher than the temperature. So glad I don't live down there anymore!!

Yes @StillPen, you are more to the west of us so I don't know. But it gets hotter there than here. So far this summer the highest has been 103F. And it's only June. Always hotter in August.

Yes @MrMoonlight it is HOT where you live. I lived in the mountains when I lived in your state. It wasn't too bad, but where you live NOPE. It's too hot.

I keep my thermostat set at 71 degrees, It's a huge outside unit and new. So my bill hasn't been too high, YET.

Ya, AC is common in newer houses in the PNW but not in any of the older ones (older being like before the 90s)

Last year when we had the freak heat wave it was really ugly - lots of deaths from not being able to get cool.

Does chocolate eclair actually correspond to that chocolate long desert in English?
What we call a chocolate eclair in the US is sometimes identical to any éclair au chocolat I bought in Paris or Switzerland.

Other times it’s

- a Boston Cream (custard filled, instead of cream filled -also usually round, sometimes oblong- pastry w/ chocolate ganache frosting) being called an eclair.
- a chocolate ganache frosted round doughnut with no hole, but also no filling whatsoever 😵‍💫

Basically? Most patisseries here play fast and loose with the name, but enough people have been TO France, or are of French descent, to keep it from reversing entirely. (Like Yams & Sweet Potatoes have reversed). MANY things here reverse entirely, because you can charge more for Name A than Name B. And eclairs cost more than Boston Creams, but Boston Creams are cheaper & easier to make.

Boston Creams are my favorite pastry, bar none.
An Éclair au chocolat is my 4th favorite. After tiramisu & vegan maple bacon* bars

* As everyone knows, bacon is Unicorn Meat. And as unicorns are mythical creatures? Hehehe 😜

Back