• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Atheist unite!!

Finishing up the semester. Worried about the paper I have to write, but it's the last major thing I have to do before final exams.

I have my men's group on Wednesday night which is going so well. But this one is the very final one because the grant money ran out. I wonder if I could start my own. But I'm looking forward to doing nothing over the summer.

Finishing up the semester. Worried about the paper I have to write, but it's the last major thing I have to do before final exams.

I have my men's group on Wednesday night which is going so well. But this one is the very final one because the grant money ran out. I wonder if I could start my own. But I'm looking forward to doing nothing over the summer.
What is the paper about? When you start it, the worry will be less, sure 😎
May be some people of the men group want to keep going on. Just ask, and see what it comes. May be after summer..

Hi friends, good to hear from you.

@Chiqui - what time do you take your quetiapine at night? I remember the hangover feeling well. I found taking them a bit earlier in the evening could help with that.

Glad you experienced some respite from the Semana Santa also. I had to look it up, had never heard of it.
Here in NZ people typically keep Easter religious stuff to within church walls, though I have heard of parades where someone dresses up like Jesus (love how Christians constantly ignore their own book's instruction to not make graven images...) carrying a cross over their shoulder, except the cross had two little wheels at the bottom, so they were actually wheeling it along rather than carrying it. Brilliant.

@somerandomguy - best of luck for your paper and final exam. I know you will give it your all and I'm sure the result will reflect that.

As for me, I've been struggling recently. This weekend also marks 4 years since my close friend passed suddenly. I'm feeling really sad. I've cried multiple times today. I miss her so much, and I have no illusion that I will ever see her again "on the otherside". I guess sometimes I wish I did have that illusion, a bit of a band-aid at least. But no, I'm strong in my decision to favour rationality, even if it hurts.

Thermodynamics says her energy is still out there in the universe.
That it will never be destroyed; only changed from one form into another.
It doesn't look like it once did, but I can see it in the birds that fly overhead, grass growing, new flowers in the spring...
So, still, she remains.

🫂
A therapist (who was otherwise useless) once told me about a friend who had just died that he is still here and still with us ... We just don't have any new information about him. Someday, everyone who cared about him will be gone, and every memory about him will be forgotten. But until then, he still exists as much as we do.

I'm picturing your friend and thinking she must have been an amazing person to have had you as a friend. I hope I can hold her in my own heart along with you, bellbird.

@bellbird I have never heard it put quite that way, the idea that no energy is lost- just relocated. I can buy into a theory that it applies to this life force that we don't yet understand. That is a wonderful thought and you have just made my day. Your friend is still at work here.

@bellbird, many many thanks for your idea. That's right!! I remember when I took it earlier at night the mornings were much better. I wish it works again for me, was life changing.
Yeah, do google Semana Santa Sevilla, for instance. Life representation of Jesús latest days. Some relatives have taken part on that circus and they have carried crosses made of stone, 30 kg, no wheels. No shoes. Raining. Lots of ours waking through town. I have seen it since I was a child. Honestly, what a relieve!! Thank for your support 😁.
I am sorry for your pain related to your lost friend... I believe people is still with us as long they are remembered... ❤️

It's Sunday morning, and I can do what I want with it. I don't have to get dressed up to go anyplace (or use a zoom meeting to do anything).

I calculate I've wasted about 1000 Sunday mornings in my life, but I had no say in almost all of that. I don't think it's something my kids can possibly appreciate, not having to waste each and every Sunday morning.

Back