• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Body memory - not sure how to release it

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this way, Massage can be a way to locate hotspots that need further reflection for healing.

Absolutely. I have seen it and experienced it myself! My massage therapist will sometimes say I think you are feeling stuck here...if you are up for it you might want to look into what that means for you. we don't talk before our sessions. She is almost always spot on.

Same. I never told my massage T. where I hurt.

She found it every single time. I was kinda testing her. She was very effective.

Unfortunately, something happened and I switched into a terrified alter suddenly. I can guard against revealing my ego state "cards" in most contexts. Massage cut through those defenses.

I felt "unmasked" and quit going to massage for this reason. Once I have acceptance of my DDNOS, I may regain the ability to do massage.

@Muse i totally get that. I went through a period of time after I dissociated quite badly during a massage that I felt extremely exposed.

Im so lucky my massage therapist has done a lot of inner child work and understands dissociation and parts to some extent. We worked through it.

It also really really helps that I have known her for about ten years so I was able to push through that with her. Don't know if I could have done it with someone I didn't know very well.

She has told me though that for some people it gets too intense and then they leave for a bit then they will often come back a couple months later and start again.

I am terrified of going into a massage therapist. I expect to be re-traumatized. However, I'm working on this stuff in EMDR right now. I really appreciate all of the comments. It feels like they were all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back