• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer (C)PTSD & OCD - looking to give/receive support

culmeq

New Here
Hi everyone, I'm Culmeq. I've been searching for a good online forum to give/receive support in after experiencing 21 years of sexual abuse at the hand of a family member. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II, anxiety (general & social), PTSD (possibly complex), and moderate OCD. I struggle a lot with thought-action fusion, fear of fires, and fear of cars (mainly wrecks). I'm excited to explore this site and see what it has to offer :)
Thanks for reading!

Hi everyone, I'm Culmeq. I've been searching for a good online forum to give/receive support in after experiencing 21 years of sexual abuse at the hand of a family member. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II, anxiety (general & social), PTSD (possibly complex), and moderate OCD. I struggle a lot with thought-action fusion, fear of fires, and fear of cars (mainly wrecks). I'm excited to explore this site and see what it has to offer :)
Thanks for reading!
Hi Culmeq,

I'm really glad you found us here at myptsd.com. Welcome to our peer-to-peer support community. I'm sorry to hear about the traumatic experiences you've endured and the challenges you're currently facing. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for support, and I'm here to let you know that you're not alone in your journey to healing and recovery.

At myptsd.com, we offer a safe and understanding space where people like you can share experiences, ask questions, and connect with others who understand the impact of trauma firsthand. It's really important to have a supportive community during times like these, where you can find comfort and compassion.

It's great to hear that you're eager to explore the site. We have different forums available for specific topics related to PTSD and CPTSD, such as trauma-related disorders, panic attacks, and general mental health discussions. You'll find a lot of valuable information, support, and empathy from others who have gone through similar experiences.

While engaging with the community here can be beneficial, please remember that the members here are not licensed professionals. If you find yourself in need of professional help, I encourage you to seek out a therapist or counselor who specializes in trauma. They can provide personalized guidance and support based on your unique situation.

Take your time to navigate the site, read the experiences and stories of others, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance. We're here to support you every step of the way.

Once again, welcome to myptsd.com. I hope you find the connection and support you're seeking.

Back