• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Called in sick today - Any tips on how to deal with my thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLittle

Confident
Hi,

Called in sick today, because I am just depleted from nightmares, flashbacks and panic attacks.

This is the reason why I am doing the volunteering first before going back to paid work.

All part of the process for me.

Next thursday I am going back to the volunteering job.

Feels like falling even of I know it is not.

Any tips on how to deal with my thoughts?

Thanks.

I struggle with thoughts.
Things that might work, that have helped me at various times:

Writing the thoughts out in a diary. Closing the book and putting it away and speaking out loud to myself that I will come back to that later.

Having counter messages.

Having all happy things written down on a price of paper that I can take with me.

Remembering that this passes.

I struggle with thoughts.
Things that might work, that have helped me at various times:

Writing the thoughts out in a diary. Closing the book and putting it away and speaking out loud to myself that I will come back to that later.

Having counter messages.

Having all happy things written down on a price of paper that I can take with me.

Remembering that this passes.
Yes,

I was taking to big a steps last week. So I adjusted my plan of getting back to work.

I was taking to big a steps last week. So I adjusted my plan of getting back to work.
Well done!

Similarly, stress cup. Increased stress = increased symptoms (of all kinds), so blowing off as much stress as possible, doubling down on self care, etc.

Not being wanted.
<grin> So that would be another place to start, when thoughts start flooding you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back