• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can Weed Make Dissociation Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just googling on dissociation and cannabis and found this page. Joined to comment. I have complex-PTSD. I have been going though some trauma groups this month after which I would be SO not in my body. Overwhelmed and shutdown. I smoked a joint last week to see the effect. It brought me right back into my body! I felt like myself, again. In my body, whole and clear. Glad it works for me.

Dissociation affects me most days. I haven't noticed a link between using it one day and experiencing higher levels of or dissociation beginning the next day.

I assume medical marijuna will be different from other kinds. I'm not an expert. There is an article on here, possibly written by joeylittle, that you might want to read. It will be on the homepage.

I dissociate or it is worse when I haven't been sleeping well, have too many stressors, and have not been looking after myself.

I still have the opinion that weed can mske dissociation worse, but that's JMHO.

Please note that everyone dissociates to some degree or another. I hope this helps willowbird.

So not sure if this is just a normal experience with weed. I dissiocate a lot but when I smoke weed...

I have always had horrible reactions to smoking weed for years. I dissociate and panic worse than I ever do normally.
UNTIL recently. I've started getting very specific strains from a dispensery (light, sativa-leaning hybrids recommended for PTSD/anxiety) and using a vape. Taking 1-3 hits off my vape every day has been incredibly healing with no negative reactions, and also helped hugely with the related chronic pain ive accumulated from body compulsions, tics, etc.
I HIGHLY recommend trying this , it's changing my life and I'm starting to feel free and able to get my life on track.

i was given brownies without knowing that was pot in it. I had a flight from Spain to austria a hour later. All I remnber was eating at the airport a full bar and that's it.
I woke up in the plane not knowing where I was or even worst who I was. I was terrified! It was like a heavy weight pushing down my shoulders and I would look around and it would be in super slow motion. I asked my boyfriend that was a rude Austria dude who he was, he replied agrassively. I said I didn't now who I was and I couldn't feel my legs. He pinched me really hard asking me, do you feel this now? So I was pretty much alone in this. I told him I wanted to jump out the plane. I was panicking but quietly, without making a scene. I liked in the mirror and I saw my eyes blood shot red and my face was melting. I wanted to die! I tried to look at my phone and see pictures so i could recognize people. It was the worst feeling a human could have. Specially without knowing I had eaten pot brownies. So I pretty much thought I was insane and asked to my rude bf to send me to a mental hospital as soon as we landed.
The most agonizing 2 hour flight ever! When we landed I felt like I was stepping on a soft floor. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and when I left I couldn't find the door. This is a airport bathroom! My mouth was numb and my speech was slow.
Finally my bf texted my sister and she said that it was pot in the brownie. So I was no longer insane in my mind, but I was tripping for 3 days. I wanted to kill myself at some point.

I don't wish this to my worst enemy

So not sure if this is just a normal experience with weed. I dissiocate a lot but when I smoke weed...
I used to smoke and feel like I was a big cloud I loved it and just enjoyed being hungry along with laughing my ass off. But one day I went to smoke with my Brother and his female friend, we used to smoke every time we were at her house. I didn't really know how to do tricks and I wasn't trying to impress anyone so I took what I could and enjoyed the after effect. But that day was different and changed my life forever. It was three blunts in rotation so I was getting ready to stay high for a while. As I was smoking my Brothers friend asked me, " Why don't you take a big hit? " I didn't want to kill the mood but so I inhaled... I remember looking down at the blunt, blankly and I kept going until I felt it hit. This is a bad thing because I didn't want to hit it that hard, I was in trouble and knew it. My body disappeared and all my insecurities came out, everything I try to ignore about myself kept attacking me. Speaking, walking, feeling, all felt unreal like the action were not for me, but my body and I wasn't able to tell that I was me. I felt trapped in my own body and forced to watch as someone who looks like me use my body, like a mirror. I cried that day because I played one of my favorite song at the time to return to the real me and it work just a little. I went from dying while alive to just high.

But that was not the reason I replied. I'm replying because every time I went to smoke it happened again and again no matter how hard I tried to just enjoy myself. I once felt that state for three days straight, even my girlfriend couldn't help me and I use her love for me to get through anything. Last Sunday on the first ( 7/1/18 ) I lost myself completely. I been smoking for a while with friends but I don't over do it so I don't feel that dying feeling I felt all the time. I got weed from a friend of mine at work, he sells and wanted to be friends with me quick so he gave me a blunt and free weed, I enjoyed with my other friend while he went back inside to work. Turns out my other has one other blunt too. I end up getting that one too as a gift for sharing the first blunt. I went the whole work day happy and faded. As soon as I got home I took out the smaller blunt my other friend gave me and I pulled on it hard because I didn't think was strong enough. I didn't make it back into the house because losing my since of identity, I went to go sleep to forget the feeling, but as my eyes were closed I seen myself in the darkness, I saw my own image laying down and I was scared but still trying to stay claim. I than got a call from my girlfriend who I was suppose to call when I got into the house. At that moment I started to realie I was standing in my room and saying nothing while she tried to talk to me. I yelled at her " Baby, where are you? " shouting trying to release myself she was scared and confused I was shouting and yelling telling her that I needed her and saying that I loved her I heard my own voice as I was speaking and the best way to expalin it is the with the movie staring Keanu Reeves, Constantine. In the opening scene a women is possessed by a demon and the Keanu ( John ) saves her by ripping out of via a mirror the same feeling reclaiming my since of me was about the same to that. I haven't smoked since and probably wont for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back