• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cant cry. I think i need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did more emdr around my daughters rape. I'm not crying but achiness behind eyes is slowly getting better

Hi. I'm here again. I think I need to be.

I want to cry. It's sitting there right behind my eyes but tears won't come. Not sure how I'm avoiding it. I want to sit in a corner and sob uncontrollably.

Over the past month:

17 y/o daughter was raped
I broke up with my fiance
Today I got fired from my job

I can't cry.

Any feedback much appreciated.
I had a tortuous childhood with 2 alcoholic parents and my mother and older brother were sadistic, paranoid schizophrenics. I stopped having the ability to cry early in my childhood and have rarely cried through my life and I am 71. Just confirming here that I do have PTSD with codependency issues that have similar symptoms along with anxiety problems. I understand what you are talking about with not being able to cry.

Hi. I'm here again. I think I need to be.

I want to cry. It's sitting there right behind my eyes but tears won't come. Not sure how I'm avoiding it. I want to sit in a corner and sob uncontrollably.

Over the past month:

17 y/o daughter was raped
I broke up with my fiance
Today I got fired from my job

I can't cry.

Any feedback much appreciated.
That's horrible. Not crying for me equals survivalmode which in your case is more than understandable.

I am sorry this is happening in your life..

Did more emdr around my daughters rape. I'm not crying but achiness behind eyes is slowly getting better
You are not alone...... The only time I consciously remember crying in my adult life is when we put Spooky (my cat) down.
Dad, grandparents, other family - nearly nothing, but the cat? Bawled my eyes out....

I know where you are coming from.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back