• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cleaning with Low Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we ALL hear about the pancake story, or is this a family secret.........LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Pancakes....Come on now fess up abut the pancakes...

It really is no great exciting story Wendy, just one time after I had day surgery (I had a small incision in my abdomen), I got up the next morning craving pancakes, and no one was up yet so I started making some, and Jim came in the kitchen and was pissed at me about it because he thought I should be resting. Anyways ever since then, whenever we have pancakes he talks about me getting up after surgery to make pancakes. Like, "Christ remember when you had to make bloody pancakes the day after surgery? Should have still been in bed not making f*ing pancakes. I told you to keep your arse in bed. Are pancakes worth popping a stitch over? Are they worth getting a blood clot? Ridiculous!" And so on ... and if you try to say it's in the past he just bitches more lol...

Seriously though, thanks to all who have replied, I guess most of you think I should rest and let my family help me, maybe that is so, I will try to do that for now I guess.

if you aren't in any pain, but have low energy, why don't you try putting on some music & dancing and singing while you clean? :drugs:

whenever I'm in pain and have low energy I just do some body weight exercises. like my back feels out of alignment sometimes cuz of my crappy bed so when I stretch out my arms and do some pushups it seems to make me feel better and less tired because my shits all running in another gear. Maybe its because Im a guy and have more adrenaline than a female but I wouldn't think that would be a major difference. There are some exercises that are a little too stressful for that though, like if your knees are bad I wouldn't do squats.:boxing:

cleaning up

Evie,
I hope you are sleeping better tonight.
If Kathy or Jim were in bed and feeling the way you are feeling right now, you would probably be happy to clean up anything they requested of you. All they would have to do, since you can't read minds, is say the word, right? That's love.

When you have the strength to do it yourself, then do it yourself. Until that day comes, sleep and heal. We all are out here thinking about you all the time.

Oh thanks nobody and 2quilt... I forgot about this thread. I have to say, it's been 2 weeks since my surgery and my attitude about cleaning has changed dramatically since the surgery. I guess I'm still recovering, maybe this surgery was just harder on me than the others, but honestly I don't give a rat's ass about my room being tidy anymore haha. I've been so tired, I'm just happy when I'm well enough to things I LIKE, nevermind cleaning. And I didn't try to make pancakes this time, either. Though someone made pancakes for me!! ;) Thanks Bec for your suggestion, it worked, Dad totally fell for it!!

*grins*

I'm so glad it worked well! hehe...

Glad to hear you are not worried at all about the cleaning either! Recovering is a first priority!

bec

I prefer waffles or french toast. Never could stand pancakes.

Well Cactus, Jim makes excellent waffles also, since I bought him a new fancy waffle maker. He loves playing with his toys! :rolleyes:

Actually I prefer the waffles but the pancakes were very satisfying because of tricking Dad into making them! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back