• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Cptsd from God knows when. Actually don't remember a time I wasn't feeling horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givrali

MyPTSD Pro
Hello I'm a French native speaker so my pseudo is the French name of Glaceon. So I can say I got a dark sense of humor very early because while I've got medical sexual and abandon trauma before 10 I always feel the need to appear normal and my family was a lot into making jokes every possible time.
My parents found early enough I was being sexually abused by one of my two older brothers and took action to protect me. Then my parents divorced my mom died and my father was too busy to be present and my brother started sexually abusing me again.
After several more or less close relatives going to hospital, my father got cancer and I just completely cracked. It was about 9 years ago and I'm still not able to do more than leisure activities. Well my father died too about 3 years ago (I'm 29)
I started seeing a psy at 7 and never stopped seeing one for long and recently started a therapy work on my emotions (it hurts a lot)
My diagnosis are depression (in and out for most my life) autism (got the diag around 25 yo) and about 3 years ago I got one of PTSD

Hello I'm a French native speaker so my pseudo is the French name of Glaceon. So I can say I got a dark sense of humor very early because while I've got medical sexual and abandon trauma before 10 I always feel the need to appear normal and my family was a lot into making jokes every possible time.
My parents found early enough I was being sexually abused by one of my two older brothers and took action to protect me. Then my parents divorced my mom died and my father was too busy to be present and my brother started sexually abusing me again.
After several more or less close relatives going to hospital, my father got cancer and I just completely cracked. It was about 9 years ago and I'm still not able to do more than leisure activities. Well my father died too about 3 years ago (I'm 29)
I started seeing a psy at 7 and never stopped seeing one for long and recently started a therapy work on my emotions (it hurts a lot)
My diagnosis are depression (in and out for most my life) autism (got the diag around 25 yo) and about 3 years ago I got one of PTSD
Hi Givrali
I'm glad you're here. I'm new too. I also have a dark sense of humor it gets me in trouble sometimes. Because you are a French speaker I'll tell you a stupid story. I'm listening to a book on audible by Marshall Rosenberg called nonviolent communication. He's obviously a very sweet man and very calming to listen to.
Anyhow, part of his program to help people connect involves the Very simple act of asking someone sincerely what is important to them in that moment.
He says, "in every language there is always a very common phrase accomplish this; in Spanish we say "Que Pasa," in English we say "how are you," in French we say "commen t'allez vous."
For the first 3 times I "read" it (yes, I really like it) ...I laughed my ass off because I thought that the editors didn't notice they made a mistake by adding the French for "what's your name." Of course, you know they got it right and I mis-remembered my high school French.

Anyway... GREAT book...

Common Sa va? How ARE you doing?
What is on your heart today? Now?
Im glad your here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Givrali

I'm glad you're here. I'm new too. I also have a dark sense of humor it gets me in trouble sometimes. Because you are a French speaker I'll tell you a stupid story. I'm listening to a book on audible by Marshall Rosenberg called nonviolent communication. He's obviously a very sweet man and very calming to listen to.
Anyhow, part of his program to help people connect involves the Very simple act of asking someone sincerely what is important to them in that moment.
He says, "in every language there is always a very common phrase accomplish this; in Spanish we say "Que Pasa," in English we say "how are you," in French we say "commen t'allez vous."
For the first 3 times I "read" it (yes, I really like it) ...I laughed my ass off because I thought that the editors didn't notice they made a mistake by adding the French for "what's your name." Of course, you know they got it right and I mis-remembered my high school French.

Anyway... GREAT book...

Common Sa va? How ARE you doing?
What is on your heart today? Now?
Im glad your here.
So the exact words he probably used are "comment allez-vous ?" Then we say : comment ça va ? In a non formal way.
I tend to make things right hope you won't take it personally ^^

So I currently in "sickness break" from occupational work because I overdone myself again. No idea how English speaker translate "arrêt maladie". So I'm overexhausted and happy because I can finally get a break.

By on my heart I'll translate it by most important thing you care about at the moment. I'll moving soon from a place helper can't help me and puting me under too hight expectations to my own home and that's priceless. Also I'm terrified by living alone in a new place in a way I never experiment because all my diag are shouting ar me : don't do that it's too risky !
And I answer them : it's the best for me and I'm able to do it and I'll have support for at least 3 sources so I'll be fine.

It's nice to read all you three welcoming me here ^^

I act shy at first the time my autism analys whats going on and my ptsd make sure it's safe

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get comfortable and let us know how to support you. Glad you are here!!!

You probably know about google translate and Ive seen the real time speech to text one if you speak your posts.

What I just discovered (Which might save you some cut and paste) Is an iPhone feature after you highlight the words there is an option for Translate. I haven't played with it because I don't know if you use an iPhone.

I rarely need to translate a word now. I regularly read summarizes of fanfiction and about the whole internet is in English. That being said in addition of not speaking English since always I'm autistic so if things I say don't make sense ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back