1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Daughter's graduation or inpatient?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by FauxLiz, Apr 13, 2018.

1. scout86

scout86 I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

Don't be tempted to get caught up in finding reasons things won't work, ok? I've found it to be a lot more useful to focus on what WILL work. (Or might) Sometimes we make this stuff worse in our own heads.

If you're going to go, just try to control your activities. Consult with your daughter. Block out time to spend with just her & your son. Make sure you aren't staying in the same place as the relatives you want to avoid. Are there people who are coming who are ok? Spend as much time as you can with them. There are a million ways of saying "I'd love to chat but I have to go". It helps to have someone (your kids?) on your side to help keep things moving.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. FauxLiz

FauxLiz Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

Well, I made my decision last night against the advice of my t. I decided that the fallout with my family if I was not at graduation and had to explain my absence to them along with the never ending guilt and shame if I wasn't there for my daughter outweighed postponing my admission. I was offered a bed for admission next week but at best admitting then and discharging to go to graduation would have limited my time in the program to less than I had in January. If I admitted on May 7th I could have the longest possible time in the program before my son's graduation in June. By admitting the Monday after graduation I can still discharge and return in time to attend my son's senior year events and graduation and potentially have had 5 days more than I was admitted for in January.

Now, I just have to hold on, make it through graduation, finalizing the separation agreement with my soon to be ex-employer and hopefully get an interview for a new job next week. It would be really nice if I caught a break for once. All prayers and well wishes accepted on this one.

Freida, scout86 and littleoc like this.
  4. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

You got it. Best of luck

5. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

of course!!!

littleoc likes this.