• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Disability - Trauma Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live2love

New Here
So I got referred to legal aid for disability. The lawyer asked me to write out what my ex husband did to me in detail which over a 10 year period & more less that would be a “book” to write. He has poisoned me, shot at me multiple times, placed some crazy kind of chemical bomb explosion on me, attempted or actually ruined my relationships with others, raped me, very physical and emotional abusive.. ect. I am having an extremely hard time writing this “horror book of my life” to the point where I think about it daily and haven’t even started. Just the thought alone gives me extremely high anxiety. The disability has already been filed so I’m wondering why he wants me to do this if it has already been done. Wondering if anyone else has been asked to do this and also wondering how long it takes to hear back to see if I was even approved or not.

Would it be helpful to be extremely brief and just list the approximate year, incident (in general terms) and number of occasions it occurred. Like a spreadsheet layout? You could ask your lawyer if that would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back