• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Get Sick Often?

Do you get sick often?

• I don't get sick any more often than other people.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • I get sick a little more often than other people.

Votes: 25 18.9%
  • I am sick much more often than other people.

Votes: 64 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get sick all of the time. But now I do not get sick. I always get a flu shot in the fall, and I think it works.

I have been sick since last November with a sinus infection that keeps coming back whenever I go out for any length of time. I stay in the house for a few days and I am fine. Then I go out for a 2 block walk back and forth and whammo, I get sick with it again! I HATE THIS.

I voted no more than others as I do not include all my immune and other chronic conditions in it. These impact my life everyday in some way. I used to pick up absolutely everything that was going around but in recent years I have learned to give my body food, fluids and rest and have taken a lot of the pressures out of my life. I also, mostly, do get medical treatment when I need it whereas I would not even know or notice I needed it in the past. Result? Enormous improvement in resistance to infections.

I rest a lot, eat OK, not stellarly, but not bad either. I get some exercise, because I lift ladies weights. I also walk a lot since I have no car. I see my dr regularly. Nevertheless, I have been more sick this winter than I have been in many years. As to stress, that has been the factor that is different this year. Some noisy neighbors moved in upstairs. I finally complained to management, so it is a bit better since I did so last Wednesday. We shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back