• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Does Another in Your Family Suffer Stress?

Does Another Family Member Suffer Stress in Any Regard?

• Yes

Votes: 42 97.7%
  • No (Think Hard Before Answering)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every member of my family has been on meds for anxiety/panic. Then again we were all abused too.

My father is an alcoholic. He used to use booze to "manage" his stress. Now he just screams at everyone. My mother has had a few nervous breakdowns. She's ****ing nuts though. LOL Of course my son has stress considering he has PTSD!

bec

Well....My Mom has taken valium for years and has severe anxiety and rage issues as does my brother. All three of us shake when nervous or angry. I think my grandfather may have had PTSD from the war and was also a raging alcoholic. I have 8 uncles on my mothers side and they all have alcohol issues...all of them. I have two aunts on my fathers side that have been hospitalized for depression too. Wow....that is a lot of people in my family.

Everyone

Everyone in my family is messed up. I'm just the worst because I got the most.

My grandfather collapsed with stress at age 50 and never worked another day in his life,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have uncles and cousins who have severe cases and have had shock treatments. All of my aunts and uncles on mother's side have one form or another. We suspect it has affected my sister too, but we live in different states, and don't speak often. I am basing this on her past "life history".

Everyone I am blood relation with has either PTSD or some stress-related illness. It's hard to raise 'normal' kids when everyone they spend time with has a stress disorder. So the cycle continues.

I think the World Wars did the white end of it in, while the colonization did the red line in. The anger and inability to handle stress has been passed down through all blood lines with much practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back