• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does anyone burst into tears because of their PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.
For everyone really.
When my ptsd first kicked in I had depression and anxiety also. I also have borderline personality disorder.
But.
The crying either way.. Do you mean you can or cant control it.
For me I was at work.. With these issues from my past but more recently i left an abusive partner and lost EVERYTHING.. Ok.
I was really stressed out.to.the.max.
Talk about repurchasing everything you own. So thats my level of stress for example.
At work i was supervising and doing my job in psych which is extremely busy busy busy non stop. I love it ! But.. It got to the point where i was a max limit.
I would have tears plop out of my eyes.
Uncontrollable.
I went on meds.
Still uncontrollable.
I am the "tough" one .. Who is more like the men at work .
But i would just cry.
One coworker would say are.you going to ccccrryyy again?
Haha.
I said well probably because im so frustrated or angry or stressed. I cant help it!
I went from my own home and animals and a few vehicles to walking 4 km to work after my 45 min bus ride.
To get to work. That was a change.
Id get home. Sit on the floor in my work clothes .. Slumped against the wall and cry cry cry.
My father and sister both overdosed within 6 months..
I cried.
Ive been off work for nearly 2 years now and im so much better.
I went to DBT.
dbt is dialectical behavioir therapy.
Its great skills.
But sometimes i dont have the control over my crying.
So to me i think what the heck i have no notice just boom the tears come rollin!

Im actually starting to feel better but I've been crying a ton. Little things, usually positive like puppy videos, will make me cry. Or a song that I like.
Talking to a friend who is being nice to me seems to set me off too. That's embarrassing.
I'm an electrician and I haven't been able to go back to work because crying is definitely not acceptable there.
I'm glad to see people say the crying goes away eventually because right now its just getting worse as I get better.

This past month I have done a lot of unnecessary crying. Even tonight. It is really frustrating, but I do simply put it down to CPTSD. Although I am not sure if it is complicated by hormonal dysregulation.

I hadn't for a long time but at some point in therapy, I started crying. It's something that I can't really control when I'm with her talking about my traumas or difficulties. Sometimes I'll start tearing up when I get close to her office in the car almost like a pavlovian response. When I'm home...no go. No tears at home, only a couple times have I done that here when alone. But anyway it's completely normal and imo good to express.

I hadn't for a long time but at some point in therapy, I started crying. It's something that I can't really control when I'm with her talking about my traumas or difficulties. Sometimes I'll start tearing up when I get close to her office in the car almost like a pavlovian response. When I'm home...no go. No tears at home, only a couple times have I done that here when alone. But anyway it's completely normal and imo good to express.

Yeah, I have a new T and part of me says, don't go....the other part says go twice a week....I'm spiraling downwards.....a part of me wants to talk about the last T who was unethical and damaging cause that's interfering with this new T who I like.....I figured I'd keep it together until after the holiday, and talk about last T. Finally spilled my guts about the last T experience last week and left so fragmented and aloof....and this T just looked at me in awe and was sympathetic....said, I'm surprised you are evening coming to me after that experience." That....coupled with 2020 will be a good year....family trauma is over (I've disassociated myself from them).....but it wasn't......just more of the same hurtful shit in emails....... I have held together the last two years......but my glue is really thin and with the lousy weather, lack of sunshine, my bedroom is a-calling "Stay here, under the warm covers until spring arrives." Feeling really lousy.....but the same is true....I start winding up about therapy 1-2 days beforehand, and getting there is hard. I think that's because I know I have things that need talking about but I don't want to fall apart.......that was a dark time.

Im actually starting to feel better but I've been crying a ton. Little things, usually positive like puppy videos, will make me cry. Or a song that I like.
Talking to a friend who is being nice to me seems to set me off too. That's embarrassing.
I'm an electrician and I haven't been able to go back to work because crying is definitely not acceptable there.
I'm glad to see people say the crying goes away eventually because right now its just getting worse as I get better.
Electrician. The stigma society has on a man who cries. Breaks my heart. But also a man who is brave to cry is a true man. A real man who has been through manmy things.
I hear you. I work in damn i can barely say how do i say this. I work in a forensic environment basically a jail. If i get really pissed off i cry.
One coworker one day said are you gonna cry again? I said actually its because i want to knock you the f*ck out but i cant. He came up to me a few days later and said im a tough person and he respects that. And yes i am a female. We dont all cry when we are in cry mode i cry because i see f*cking red smoking hot rage and i feel my feet my legs my body warm up to my arms and my head gets hot and i drop tears they just fall. My mom used to beat me and i never cried as if to hold all the power. If i did cry she would hit me harder and say are.you going to cry now. Lets just say i have emotional dysregulation.
See if you can take a DBT.OR CBT coursem if your canadian call mental health. Set up an appointment. Attend the class. Get off work for a few months. Get a good report to dr. This shits the best!!!! Try it out electrician!

Yes, I cry often and feel very very sad. I know my sadness is linked to my PTSD.

Anytime I cry, I always end up feeling better afterwards. Before I used to beat up myself for crying, thinking I was weak.... but I know none of this is true. Crying is good. Bottling things in makes it worse. If you need to cry, cry. Remind yourself that your okay and do something you love afterwards. I always color once I'm done crying.

Yes, I cry often and feel very very sad. I know my sadness is linked to my PTSD.

Anytime I cry, I always end up feeling better afterwards. Before I used to beat up myself for crying, thinking I was weak.... but I know none of this is true. Crying is good. Bottling things in makes it worse. If you need to cry, cry. Remind yourself that your okay and do something you love afterwards. I always color once I'm done crying.

Good on you. How healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back