• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Does Anyone Else Have Anger Issues Regarding This Forum?

Do You Have Anger Issues Regarding This Forum?

• Yes, I get angry and struggle with it sometimes.

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • I used to get angry but I have it under control now.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No, I never get angry on the forum.

Votes: 36 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No... however, I do get frustrated with myself, because of the emotions that come tumbling out. I expect to be all better yesterday, thanks! It's very upseting when I realize I've got a lot of work to do...

Midi...change your thinking. I look at it like this and it helps the days go by a little better. With PTSD you are going to have good and bad days..so expect them..both good and bad, Enjoy the good ones, cherish them but always know that the bad days are going to come...but they are not going to stay forever and you have the tools and are learning the tools to live with them. It makes dealing with the bad days a bit easier, at least that is how it is working for me right now.

taking space and getting back focus

I did get angry in April, May, and June. So I removed the aggravation by leaving for a while.

I've now returned. Initially I left because I didn't want to get wrapped up in the politics which I have limited tolerance for. I get angry when participants don't/can't respect the established limits of this site that is volunteer and donated. I wish the dissatisfied would just move on - QUIETLY. Confrontation in any form is very difficult for me and often triggers my anxiety levels.

I've returned with new strategies. I choose what I participate and read very carefully. I offer information when I feel I have personal experience with the topic. I gain insight and am reminded of unfinished business often. This site has so much to offer when utilized in the right way for the individual who is using it!I appreciate all that I recieve from the members of all groups.

Cindy

I don't get angry at things said on this forum because I come here with the full knowledge that everyone here is hurting and healing as much as I am, so expect posts to be full of people's personal pain and since we are all exposing ourselves and our wounds here, I am empathetic. Unless someone smells like they are really trying to be an arse on purpose to hurt me or another poster, I give them the benefit of the doubt for a day. Sometimes I just ask the speaker, "Are you trying to be an AH, or is this an accident?"

Sometimes I do, I read an old thread and all those responses were so harsh and cold and demanding, even those from moderators, and the thread starter never said anything rude or insulting. I´ve read so much more hurting posts where commentators were so nice and warm and welcoming. I´m not surprised at all s/he dosen´t come here anymore. I could relate to this particular problem and it hurt to read those responses. It made me angry.

Other than that, not really.

Yes I have been angry here, once since I've been here. Though the underlying emotion was hurt, and anger was my reaction. I felt like a f*ckwit for losing my head, and I was going to say something negative about myself here regarding it. But I then remembered what I read about negative thinking styles, and I caught myself! I was pleased about that. I'm now trying to see the situation where I was upset as a learning experience.

I find this poll interesting because I have never been angry at anything on the forums, I read other peoples reasons and I still don't know how people could get mad at something here...

Hee- agreed until the political discussions pop up, but like those generally. Must admit sometimes to some knee-jerk unadmirable moments and struggle with self before rational thought returns unimpeded by the whole 'poof' thing. Otherwise no-never have seen anything here to make one 'mad'. Dislike the occasional rants by the trolls who get by the security gates with a wig on and a plastic nose once in awhile but the bouncers take care of them quickly, to be sure.

Sometimes I get angry. I reacted once which I immediately regretted. Since then I think about the anger when it happens and try to find what my issues are behind the feeling.

By the way: What is a jeep board?

Yes, there are things on here that tick me off But I try not to react to it. Unless I am standing up for myself.

If I am out of line which has happened a few times then I apologize. I have found that this forum is filled with forgiving people :).

We've all been hurt.... Which I think when I've made mistakes it's been met with such support and understanding.

Love you all for that.

Not anger but frustration for my lack of understanding and with that, I too, walk away from it. Usually pondering until I figure it out... but that's what this is about? Dealing with our issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back