• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dream Interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a tough dream to explain because there is a cat in it. I don’t like cat dreams for two reasons. 1) They are complicated to explain, and 2) I’m allergic to them LOL

Houses represent our psyche. Even though this mansion does not belong to you in this dream it is about you. Some days we may dream about an old shack, and that is how we are feeling about ourselves at that point, but when we dream of mansions that is a good inner feeling for the time being. With every day our moods change, but some time in the past 24 to 48 hours you realized how striking and beautiful you are.

Cats represent our feminine traits. Every person whether it is man or woman has feminine and masculine traits. Of course, men have mostly masculine and woman have feminine.

If this were my dream I realize I am complex with elegance, beauty and characteristics that make me uniquely designed. I appreciate this about myself and I realize I’m worth more than I think.

The high ceilings represent that I’m feeling above my emotional ups and downs. The gold is the splendor that is found in every person including myself. The marble is stable and I have this quality within me as well.

I see a cat that is an aspect of my femininity but it is wearing a suit, which is what men generally wear. This poses a problem because as a female I feel uneasy when I display characteristics of masculinity. I suspect that I must have been thinking irrationally instead of emotionally about an issue or myself. (gun)

As I wander around I see different people in different rooms. These rooms and people are aspects of myself that I’m not aware of yet.

The veranda is a closed part of myself that I don’t want anyone one to acknowledge. There is and ex criminal that resides there. I seek this part of myself out because I secretly would like to get a gun and threaten my attacker (even though I wouldn’t actually do it, the thought has crossed my mind)

I find another room (memory) that has an old fashioned (old angry thought) fireplace. Fires generally represent anger, but the fire is not present, so I have released a lot of my anger. I try to get into this room but some one won’t let me in. That some one is myself, because I know if I enter this room I will light the fire and the anger will consume me again, and the topic with regard to the gun will become a problem I’ve been trying to get over.

I thought the room was empty and it was for a while, but something has triggered a memory that makes me think of getting even with my attacker.

This scares me because I feel there is a ghost =ex-con, anger, and my better judgment is working to protect me against this ex-con aspect of myself. I realize I shouldn’t release him from that veranda I am holding him hostage in until I fully accept that I over my anger and I am not a victim, but a survivor.

Take what fits and toss the rest. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try to explain.
In my opinion It looks like you have done a lot of healing. Keep up the good work

Peace
Tammy

recurring dream

ok, are recurring dreams the same to interpret as one-timers?
i have 3 that are recurring. they seem identical every time. this one is the longest running, but the least scarey. had it first after my oldest was born, and am now having it again, slightly different.(20 yrs later, lol)

i am in a wide hallway, running--dragging a child by the hand with me. i keep getting mad at myself for not just picking her up instead, but on i drag her. she is litlle and wearing a yellow dress. its concrete walls and floor, and there are lots of doors, yellow doors. there is a wall of water, like a tidal wave,(i know, not in a building) coming behind us, and i am barely able to outrun it. i keep trying doors, but they are all locked. finally one opens, and inside are people i know(but don't remember who they are know) we try to talk to them, but it's like we are invisible, and then we are in the hall again, at the end. stairs to the left, a huge window in front. trying to decide which would be less painful. through the window or down the stairs. the water washes over us and i wake up. i reckon we died, hmm?

They are pretty much the same. The difference between recurring dreams and one timers is that recurring dreams are problems in your waking life that won't go away until you solve the problem, or acknowledge what the problem is. Once we figure this dream out it will change. Then when you solve the problem it will stop (or at least lessen the amount of times you have it).

I have a few questions. How old was your oldest child when you first had this dream? What do you mean by the least painful - "through the window or down stairs". Do you have to jump out the window or down the stairs, or just feel it would be painful to leave through a window or down the stairs because the water was coming?

Sorry, I just need to make sure I understand what is going on before I figure it out. It's best to give as much detail and emotion as you can remember.

Tammy

hey tammy. sorry to leave it confusing. i was thinking of the little girl--the water had us, and we were going to go through the window by the force of it. i was just thinking if it would be better to get in front of the stairs and be swept into a concrete stairwell would be any better. pretty sure the water got there before i could move.

i first had the dream right after dan was born, off and on til he was 5 or 6. i thought God was telling me i was going to be a bad mother.
started dreaming it again, only this time i could see the child clearly, about 2 yrs ago when a trip home triggered all this mess. i doesn't frighten me too much any more, just have to walk around for a little while, and back to bed.

Dream

Hi cookie,
I forgot to ask how old the child is that you were dragging around, but it is my opinion that child is you.

If you think back to the dream try to figure out about how old the child is and then think back to your own childhood. See if you can remember something significant that happened at that age. So if the child you are dragging is 5,6,7,8 etc years old, see if you can think back that far into your childhood. There should be something significant that caused you some pain at that age in your life that resembles the age of the child you are dragging.

What ever happened at that age is what needs to be dealt with. Your dragging this memory around with you to this day, but most likely on a semi subconscious level. If the child is younger than 5, you probably won't be able to remember what happened, and it is a repressed memory, which I can't help you with. This dream isn't telling me what it is, except a tidal wave, and that could be just about anything.

However, as a general rule water can represent emotions, and our mother, or us as a mother. You stated that this dream started when you became a mother, but I think becoming a mother triggered this dream about your childhood with regard to your mother?

Anyway, if this were my dream I'm dragging my inner child around like a monkey on my back. I am still trying to escape that tidal wave of emotions that caused me so much grief. I just keep running from it instead of facing it.

I'm not sure why I don't just pick her up and carry her, but it's probably because then I would have to face her and my memories about her.

I try to escape the tidal wave of emotions by entering rooms (which are aspects of other memories that are locked off/repressed) Finally, I find an open door and no one in there wants to acknowledge my presence

(That is probably where the memory is, so see if you can remember anyone or anything in that room).

Also, I don't want to acknowledge the presence of this child because if I have to remember what happened to her/me at that age it would cause great pain but I do make an attempt and have no luck, so I choose to leave this room and go back to the hallway. I think to myself which will be more painful ...................

The window which means you will SEE and acknowledge what happened to you at that age, and have to deal with it

(or)

Down the stairway which means KEEP REPRESSING the memory. Keep stuffing the memory down into the subconscious. But the tidal wave will most likely continue to chase you in your dreams if you do this.

P.S.
If you remember what this event was, and it doesn't have to be your trauma, it could be something like your parents divorcing which could indicate a tidal wave of emotions. Either way, if you remember it, the dream is asking you if you want to face it or keep repressing/ignoring it. (I think the memory is in that room you entered) If you face it then I feel the dream will change or stop.

Since I didn't ask how old that child is that you were dragging, would you mind getting back to me and letting me know? Also, if you can remember what this issue is that you are dragging around then I would know if I gave the right interpretation, and if any of what I said makes sense to you.

You don't have to give details or anything I just want to make sure I'm on the right page with you.

Take care
Tammy

ok, are recurring dreams the same to interpret as one-timers?
i have 3 that are recurring. they seem identical every time. this one is the longest running, but the least scarey. had it first after my oldest was born, and am now having it again, slightly different.(20 yrs later, lol)

i am in a wide hallway, running--dragging a child by the hand with me. i keep getting mad at myself for not just picking her up instead, but on i drag her. she is litlle and wearing a yellow dress. its concrete walls and floor, and there are lots of doors, yellow doors. there is a wall of water, like a tidal wave,(i know, not in a building) coming behind us, and i am barely able to outrun it. i keep trying doors, but they are all locked. finally one opens, and inside are people i know(but don't remember who they are know) we try to talk to them, but it's like we are invisible, and then we are in the hall again, at the end. stairs to the left, a huge window in front. trying to decide which would be less painful. through the window or down the stairs. the water washes over us and i wake up. i reckon we died, hmm?

hey tammy. thanks. ya. you are on target, i think. the little girl is prob 3, maybe 4. i have a lot of trauma involving my mother, at any age. other trauma there with a grandfather, too. thanks.

Your welcome. I hope now that you understand the dream a little it will change and be less scary. Best case scenario is that it will never return :-)

Take care
Tammy

hi
try to figure out this dream
my horses are loose in a pretty pasture. my grandson finds 6 loose and put them in with mine,(thats a big no-no with horses) but when I went to look they were orange and white striped like a zebra.
sally

Hi Sally, this dream reminds me of the idiom "Hold Your Horses" meaning, slow down your going to fast.
and
Another idiom is "A horse of a different color" meaning a situation is different than what you originally thought.

If this were my dream I was on the loose and I need to slow down. I was put in a situation with another person who is like myself, and in hindsight I realize that was a bad idea.

The orange and white stripes of the zebra are different to what the zebra colors actually are. They are black and white stripes.

The black and white stripes reminds me of those old jail outfits that inmates once wore prior to changing them to the solid orange colored ones that they wear now.

Honestly I don't know the exact meaning of this dream because animals hold so many meanings. What I think is that you lost yourself for a moment in something you felt was beautiful, and then was put in a bad situation. In hindsight the outcome was different than what you thought. To understand this you would have to think back to the last 24-48 hours of this dream and see what has happened in your life that fits this situation.

Let me know if anything comes to mind.
Peace
Tammy

Hi Sally, I just read your introduction and seen that you were a victim of armed robbery. I'm sorry to hear that.

I feel that this dream is some how tied to that. The person who robbed you, did he/she go to jail and get convicted? If so that explains the zebra.

The horses on the loose probably represents the attack and when those horses were put in the stall with your horses I wonder if that means the attacker was caught and locked up? (but you are locked up with him/her in your own mind)

This is your dream and only you know the answer. I hope I was able to give some insight though.

Tammy

Hi

I have always been able to remmeber most of my dreams. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction with this first nightmare.

I am teaching my class at school and they are playing up - throwing things around, not working, not listening ot me. So i shout at them really loud. They dont listen still. Next thing I know is the headmaster comes in and says "i want a word now" (or somethihng like that).
So i go outside of the room and he drags me off to murder me. I want to do something but i am powerless and all i can feel is internal sreaming just. Noone hears me scream, my mouth doesnt open. I'm just screaming inside. I want to stop him and theres no way i can. Just pure helplessness. I see a rectangualr hole in the grass which he is headed for and realise it is a grave. Then i wake up before he actually does murder me.
The headmaster in the dream is exactly the same in appearance as my real headmaster and it scares me when i see him at work now.

I have also been having a few deams of having a car crash even though i have never had these before (2 nights in a row). This is not connected to my trauma.

The first one i was at trafic lights turning right and i tried to nip across when a car from the other direction hit me (not very hard). They got out and we discussed it rationally.

The second - The crash was a lot harder and the people were livid - i was scared.

Any ideas at all would be useful to me
Take care

Hi mightsurvive, I didn't see this post due to taking a break from the forum. I started a dream group here that I will invite you to. All dreams that are too personal to post in open forum or the group can be sent to me by PM. I've had quit a few members send me their dreams to my PM, and that is perfectly fine for you, as well as anyone else.

If this were my dream the students represent the state of mind I'm in. I'm not paying attention to important things and slacking off in general. I'm irritated with my job and myself, so that negative voice in my head screams out in hope for some peace.

As I look for peace their is an aspect of me that represents me higher awareness (headmaster) and it has something to say to me. My subconscious mind (headmaster) is letting me know I don't feel safe with any aspect of myself at this time, and I am in conflict with myself. I feel helpless, insecure, and no one seems to notice or care.

I so desperately want to bury these issues I have, but I'm unable to at this time. The rectangle has 3 points to it. Fear, helplessness, and chaos, which are the things I want to bury.

The car accident dream seems to be more like a general fear dream. Did you have a close call and almost get into an accident recently? If so, that is probably why those dreams surfaced.

If that is not the case then cars generally represent our bodies and the direction we are taking in life. If this were my dream I'm moving to fast and as a result I realized that I need to slow down.

Second dream was I didn't listen to the first dream warning me to slow down and as a result there were some ramifications or will be some.

Please take it easy and try to relax OK?

The car dreams are vague so only you can decide what was going on that seemed out of control at the time. Most dreams happen within 24-48 hours of a memory or actual event. (except the trauma dreams) but a memory will initiate those.

I hope this was useful. Take what fits and toss the rest because I'm not always right in dream reading. It's not like science because the mind is so complex. I don't sugar coat dreams because seeing the truth is the only way we can heal. So please don't take anything I said personally. I only read what I see.

When I first started out, I had others read my dreams and they told me some truths about myself that I didn't want to acknowledge. After time I realized that if I acknowledged what was going on in my subconscious mind and accepted it, then I can start to fix the problems.

Peace
Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back