• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Empty Shell

I've gotten a lot of good advice on here about grounding, which can help when you're panicking and so on - and mindfulness stuff can really help as well. A lot of people here do yoga - and I read that yoga is super helpful.
LOL Sorry, my brain isn't working much or I'd have something better to offer. Insomnia ugh!

Thanks for your response. I don't even know how to slow down to listen to meditation tapes GF sent me. I'm never calm. They took meds for bi-polar disorder away when they realized, only because I brought it to their attention, I'm more PTSD than bi-polar. I'd been on these for many years. Benzo? yanked away. Seriously for 20+ years - I didn't abuse it, no issues, and now I'm a wreck. Anti-depressants, mood stabilizers and whatever other cocktails they could come up with, gone. Instead? "Just a little bit of Duloxatine. I don't want to start you out on too much." All I got from her was frustration. They don't even have a shrink on board. I feel like jumping.

I feel dead. I have no emotions other than sad, ANGRY, and MORE ANGRY. My brother died a couple months ago. He did some things to me. I guess I was supposed to forget it? I've always shoved it down and away like I do everything that's uncomfortable. When he died I felt nothing. Flat-line. Why is that? I don't know much except I've been crazy with emotions since I stopped being a drunk Apr. 2017 and I do a lot of stuffing emotions and thoughts like when I was drinking (since 5 y.o.) I woke up and realized I was married to an abuser. Most of my relationships have been like this because I don't deserve more? My life is gone, done, and I ended up with someone just like my father. I'm devastated.

I've gotten a lot of good advice on here about grounding, which can help when you're panicking and so on - and mindfulness stuff can really help as well. A lot of people here do yoga - and I read that yoga is super helpful.
LOL Sorry, my brain isn't working much or I'd have something better to offer. Insomnia ugh!

Thank you. I'm crazy on this site. I can't figure it out yet. I know, read the information but that's where the difficulty comes in. I'm not processing very well, and now I'm thinking there are some serious problems with my memory. I have some meditation tapes to listen to if I could calm down enough to do it.

Thank you. I'm crazy on this site. I can't figure it out yet. I know, read the information but that's where the difficulty comes in. I'm not processing very well, and now I'm thinking there are some serious problems with my memory. I have some meditation tapes to listen to if I could calm down enough to do it.
You're not crazy here -- its a big ass site! Just take your time, poke around, take what helps and leave the rest. Eventually you will find an area that you feel comfortable in and can do some more digging. :hug:

I felt the same way in the beginning - which wasn't very long ago, lol.
Maybe try something shorter - you can find lots of good *SHORT* meditations on youtube - it's hard for me to sit still for anything longer than 10 minutes or so unless I'm sleeping. Stinks that your meds were switched so abruptly - seems like they're not taking very good care of you. :(

You're not crazy here -- its a big ass site! Just take your time, poke around, take what helps and leave the rest. Eventually you will find an area that you feel comfortable in and can do some more digging. :hug:
Thanks for that. I have a smart phone for 2 years and don't know too much about it. I forget what I just read and have to toggle between pages. Things are not sticking in my mind. I'm in a conversation and completely forget mid-sentence. It's embarrassing. I hope its just from all the stress. I hope I find something comfortable - I'm hoping soon.

Are you sleeping OK? I feel like that a lot, but I think some of it comes from lack of sleep..
Are you sleeping OK? I feel like that a lot, but I think some of it comes from lack of sleep..

No more than 3 hours a night. Not that I wanted to take them, but out of desperation I took Ambien. I upped it to 3 finally after a couple days (1, then 2, then 3) None of that worked. I'm tired. Yes.

Whoa, 3 hours a night is not good. You really need to get a handle on that first. That's like "emergency appointment" territory. Could you get an appointment with a pdoc or regular doc?

I felt the same way in the beginning - which wasn't very long ago, lol.
Maybe try something shorter - you can find lots of good *SHORT* meditations on youtube - it's hard for me to sit still for anything longer than 10 minutes or so unless I'm sleeping. Stinks that your meds were switched so abruptly - seems like they're not taking very good care of you. :(
That's what she did, after 40 years, MOSTLY on by far. I'm a wreck. I feel like I'm being punished. Or an experience, like in "The Truman Show".

Back