• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Getting A Service Dog.

I spoke with my T yesterday and she's delighted that I'm 'putting myself back out there'. She said it was a huge step and understands the fears and anxiety I have.

I'll be getting an answer either today or tomorrow and I'm roller-coasting emotionally. I'm trying to prepare for the worst news and have started looking for jobs again. Better not to waste anytime I guess.

I have finally received formal notification that I am approved for a SD. Yay! My dog is currently being trained in the special doggy academy and has yet to pass his examinations and be registered. So... it might be several months before we are introduced. I am not told anything until he/she passes.

I have been through several rounds of interviews, medicals, reports, bureaucracy with lots and lots of questions. Home inspections and more! The process is very thorough and I understand why and now.. I am finally through. Cannot believe it really. Just thought I would tell you all. :)
Congratulations! He/she will be such a big help.

I spoke with my T yesterday and she's delighted that I'm 'putting myself back out there'. She said it was a huge step and understands the fears and anxiety I have.

I'll be getting an answer either today or tomorrow and I'm roller-coasting emotionally. I'm trying to prepare for the worst news and have started looking for jobs again. Better not to waste anytime I guess.
Fingers crossed!

Well it's official we got the job and we start in four weeks!!! Yay!!! K is outside sunning herself so best not to jump around much. The offer came by phone and will followed up via email and letter. It's the first time this agency has hired a person with a service dog so they are really looking forward to having us on board... I'm so pleased! I'll come back later with more.

I have finally received formal notification that I am approved for a SD. Yay! My dog is currently being trained in the special doggy academy and has yet to pass his examinations and be registered. So... it might be several months before we are introduced. I am not told anything until he/she passes.

I have been through several rounds of interviews, medicals, reports, bureaucracy with lots and lots of questions. Home inspections and more! The process is very thorough and I understand why and now.. I am finally through. Cannot believe it really. Just thought I would tell you all. :)
Congrats, my dog is my best friend in a way. I'm sure having a service dog will be a super positive experience.

And... I've hit rock bottom today because I rang to notify my insurer and they have recently changed some rules/policies which make it twice as hard for me to take up the employment offer. So I've written to them to try and find a solution. Hoping it's just a simple bureaucratic knot that can be sorted quickly.

And... I've hit rock bottom today because I rang to notify my insurer and they have recently changed some rules/policies which make it twice as hard for me to take up the employment offer. So I've written to them to try and find a solution. Hoping it's just a simple bureaucratic knot that can be sorted quickly.
Hoping so too! 🤞

Oh hell this is turning into a saga. I rang to make sure the manager for the area I need to interact with has received my email docs to clear up the problem. He told me that he envisaged no issues really and he'll let me know by phone either this afternoon or early next week. So I feel a lot better. I could actually feel my heart thumping this morning. I don't need this added layer of bureaucracy. I hope he's right and it will be sorted out soon. I want it sorted out so I can use the next month preparing for my job.

I'm going to get a soft crate and bed for K for the office and travelling. Another jacket, collar to keep at work so it's always just there. Two more bowls and idk probably a long, light lead so during lunch break we can play with a ball without the fear of her running away (for outside I mean). I think there's going to be a few things I will need aside from that but I definitely don't want to purchase anything until I know for sure it is going forward. Starting to make a list though! Any suggestions?

We've had a thunderstorm here today and it's icy cold and sleeting rain. I played with K outside and she got so worked up she started doing zoomies around the yard, inside the house, round the living room, out the door, back around the whole yard and on.... The cold weather has made her super energetic. She's fast asleep in her basket right now. So effectively went from zooming at light speed to complete deep sleep. Why can't I do that??

Back