• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Help with UC50 Capability For Work Questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatha

Learning
I'm currently off sick and Universal Credit want me to complete a UC50 form. I have no idea what to say. I just look at the form and my mind goes blank. I guess it's an avoidance thing. I really don't like thinking too deeply about how my mental health effects me as I find it extremely upsetting. What should I say ?

i in the u.s. and had to sneak a peek at a "uc50 form" and? ? ? yikes! ! ! i can see why you are daunted.

i find myself wondering if it would be wise to seek help from your health care team. seems to me like they should be the ones to answer quite a few of those questions.

just wondering from a far off land and significantly different system. . .
gentle support while you figure it out.

I've made an appointment with MIND. Apparently I need to focus on me at my very worst which goes totally against my way of thinking and seems a little dishonest.

which goes totally against my way of thinking and seems a little dishonest.

i'm relieved to hear it goes against your way of thinking. i agree that it is a little dishonest and believe it goes totally against effective therapy, to boot. to my senses, it is a synopsis, not an affidavit. kinda like a job interview? ya gotta exaggerate a bit to make the point a bit more clear.

i'm guessing that it was a good move to make an appointment with MIND. i'm basing the guess on the fact that it sound like our NAMI which is on the list of u.s. groups i might contact for help with such a form. itsy bitsy baby steps, gatha. when i have to tackle mind-warping government inquiry forms, i often take them one line at a time with lots and lots of therapy breaks and even more reminders to be gentle with myself and patient with the process.

I’m glad to hear you have found support to complete the universal credit form. I’m in the U.K., but have no experience with these. However I have previously helped people complete the old DLA ( Disability Living Allowance) forms and I recall how onerous they are.
you are quite right. You have to focus on the worst day, and complete it as if every day is the worse day.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back