• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi, new here gulf 94-95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentsorrow

New Here
Hello everyone, 45yo American struggling with what appears to be PTSD despite my denial. I wasnt injured by an enemy but by my own and ultimately denied a full term of voluntary service to my country. The story is long and not pretty but can be summarized as inescapable bullying. I never stepped forward because I never wanted my dad to know. He was so proud of me and I never wanted to lose that. He passed last year. I may be ok i may not but I came here to help others and learn how to better cope with the ongoing struggle of my own. Thanks.

Welcome!

Are you able to seek out the help of a professional? I know that this is tough for many during a pandemic. The forum is a great place, but it’s also good to get evaluated by a professional so that you know exactly what you’re dealing with. I have PTSD and another disorder. They feed off one another. I didn’t even know about the second disorder until about two years ago. Now that I know, healing both has become easier.

Welcome! Hope you do go thru the process of getting an official diagnosis. It may not seem like that big of a deal, but it does help to understand ourselves and be able to get help specifically for our issues. It is worth the process.

Being bullied affects us on so many levels and it's hard to put into words. Just glad you are here and become a member of our dysfunctional family that actually respects each other. Lots of support and understanding help on this very hard journey.

Welcome. Supporter of combat veteran here.

He was also in the Gulf War among other "conflicts". He was sexually assaulted early in his career which sent him on his mission to never be vulnerable again. He went Airborne then Op's where his training was also traumatic.

He went years untreated, ended up homeless. Now, he's working with the VA to get his c&p going. It's been a bumpy ride but it's getting a little smoother.

I know it wasn't easy to reach out, even to an online forum. Well done!

There's a great article somewhere around here called "the PTSD stress cup". It explains a ton! I'll try to find it for you.

Again, welcome, you found a great community!

Welcome. Supporter of combat veteran here.

He was also in the Gulf War among other "conflicts". He was sexually assaulted early in his career which sent him on his mission to never be vulnerable again. He went Airborne then Op's where his training was also traumatic.

He went years untreated, ended up homeless. Now, he's working with the VA to get his c&p going. It's been a bumpy ride but it's getting a little smoother.

I know it wasn't easy to reach out, even to an online forum. Well done!

There's a great article somewhere around here called "the PTSD stress cup". It explains a ton! I'll try to find it for you.

Again, welcome, you found a great community!
Thankyou!

Welcome!

I totally get it ..my AF career was a total shit show 😁

You said a denial? Was that from the VA? I've been in a 5 year battle with them so if you need any suggestions let me know.

Sorry to hear about your dad... I get that too. Never told my parents about my dramas because I didn't want them to know how bad it was.

This is a great place - you will find lots of support here

Welcome!

I totally get it ..my AF career was a total shit show 😁

You said a denial? Was that from the VA? I've been in a 5 year battle with them so if you need any suggestions let me know.

Sorry to hear about your dad... I get that too. Never told my parents about my dramas because I didn't want them to know how bad it was.

This is a great place - you will find lots of support here
Hi, thanks for the kind words and relatability. Its comforting that its not just me!
The denial is on me, never talked to the VA about my issue and my violent service experience. Didnt want that can of worms opened, I feel shame even though I didnt do anything wrong.In the end the loss of pride and being kicked out was a lesser evil than what I was being subjected to daily. Sleep assaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back