• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID How many ‘others’ do people have & how do you organize them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SusanPLC

Learning
Hi

I had written another post but it got deleted.I think because it had the same title as my Introductory post?

Anyway I've just joined... two of us head the system working co-con, but I do the typing and online stuff.... we each have a small sub-system ..I wondered how many 'others' people have in their systems? and how you organise yourselves?

I'm an older lady and this kind of thing was never talked about when I was young (you got locked up for stuff like this) so 'the others' have had to remain a secret so that I could have a life and achieve the things I wanted to be able to while I was young.

Ii'm not sure why my post was moved? I have a dissociative system and I posted it in the Dissociative disorders forum???

Mod Note:
Ii'm not sure why my post was moved? I have a dissociative system and I posted it in the Dissociative disorders forum???
All good. I’ve moved it back to the Dissociation forum. It was moved to other disorders with a DID sub-header because it sounds a lot like you’re describing that disorder specifically. Sometimes we move posts to different forums that seem like a better fit to help members find what they’re looking for.

Any questions, just hit us up at Contact Us.

Anyway I've just joined... two of us head the system working co-con, but I do the typing and online stuff.... we each have a small sub-system ..I wondered how many 'others' people have in their systems? and how you organise yourselves?

I'm an older lady and this kind of thing was never talked about when I was young (you got locked up for stuff like this) so 'the others' have had to remain a secret so that I could have a life and achieve the things I wanted to be able to while I was young.
Again, welcome!

My last count was around 20, but I have been in therapy for years, and they are all mostly quiet now. I was "officially" diagnosed at around 37 and have accomplished a LOT during that time. Two degrees, full-time work (always), own my own home, etc. I have one who did much of the schooling, but I did my own master's degree.

I just kind of let the others organize themselves on their own. Our inner landscaping is very well-defined, and everyone takes care of everyone else and avoids the difficult ones.

Therapy was *very* helpful in learning how to manage my insiders.

Our 'insiders' have eventually learned how to manage themselves over the years. We've had a few rough patches but things have settled back down again. Some have integrated over the years but after lockdown and then getting covid leaving us with chronic fatigue we can't do as much these days, so the ones left prefer the inside world over the outside one.... We only started working co-con daily since the pandemic lockdowns to ease the isolation. Kathy and I get on the best and have strongest bond of us all.

I wondered how many 'others' people have in their systems? and how you organise yourselves?

Zero. There’s just me.

I operate out of a lot of different headspaces, but I don’t do the IFS thing of anthropomorphising & distancing myself from “them”. There is no them. Everything I’ve done or been through, felt or thought, have been things I’ve done or been through, felt or thought; not something someone else has.

Neither am I DID.

So there no imaginary distancing as a coping mechanism or therapeutic tool, nor real severance of wholly separate identity/personality.

Zero. There’s just me.

I operate out of a lot of different headspaces, but I don’t do the IFS thing of anthropomorphising & distancing myself from “them”. There is no them. Everything I’ve done or been through, felt or thought, have been things I’ve done or been through, felt or thought; not something someone else has.

Neither am I DID.

So there no imaginary distancing as a coping mechanism or therapeutic tool, nor real severance of wholly separate identity/personality.
I guess that means I'm definitely DID then as I have always had distinctly separate identities inside, they've always been there from as far back as I remember. I guess I need to be specifically looking for DID groups so then my 'others' can talk to other people's 'others'.

I guess that means I'm definitely DID then as I have always had distinctly separate identities inside, they've always been there from as far back as I remember. I guess I need to be specifically looking for DID groups so then my 'others' can talk to other people's 'others'.
Mod Note

In that case, if you’re not looking for a general PTSD experience that runs all along the spectrum from none to IFS to DDNOS to DID… but are looking solely to connect with others with DDNOS-DID? I’ll go ahead and move this thread back to ‘Other Disorders’ 👍

Even in the ‘Other Disorders’ forum, however, we do ask that the person who signed up is the person who posts. We’re not equipped/set up to moderate others/insiders talking with other peoples others/insiders.

Thanks! 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back