• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How to keep positive job hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can create an online educational store on Teacher's Pay Teachers (60$) and sell clipart, coloring pages, thank you cards, flashcards, photos, whatever you're heart desires. You could even sell step by step virtual art lessons.........and if you do clipart for others....you can retain the right to your original black and whites....make them for someone, and color them differently and make motivational stickers or digital stickers or moveable stickers....there is so much out there people with computer and design skills can do.
Does it cost 60$ to join? If so it's an option, but in at least a month, kind of broke right now. Still thank you for the idea, will keep in mind and adding to the list of sidegigs to check out.

It costs 60.00 per year (you want a premium membership). The lower membership does not give you the same return in profits....but yes, 60.00 a year and they supply the website...and they are good about product ownership and copyright laws. They have options for, and regular sale dates....You get paid your earnings by PayPal. They supply a tax form, and all kinds of data like wishlisted items, number of sales per product, etc.

As a home business, a small business's expenses are tax deductable if you want to itemize. Anything you buy for your business is tax deductible, including space in your house (one room for an office). Once you start, set your prices at 3.00 and above for products to cover added costs for anything under 3.00 (more is taken out of profits from PayPal). All your paper, paper clips, computers, and apps you use are tax deductible. However, when I started, I didn't deduct the first year. I can't say enough about making and trying to stick to a business plan, and I will say my TpT first grew because it was positive, my phone went chiching when I sold something, and it was great to get good feedback. Google offers something similar to TpT, but their cut for the author/designer is much higher. TpT (Teachers Pay Teachers) is the number one teacher materials business in the world and virtual products are gaining lots of momentum, as well as items which support social justice. My best advice is that you make what you are good at......and only what you feel good at......and find your niche in creating different products. Starting your own business is very time consuming, exciting, and requires an internal commitment for success.....and a plan. Hope this helps!

It costs 60.00 per year (you want a premium membership). The lower membership does not give you the same return in profits....but yes, 60.00 a year and they supply the website...and they are good about product ownership and copyright laws. They have options for, and regular sale dates....You get paid your earnings by PayPal. They supply a tax form, and all kinds of data like wishlisted items, number of sales per product, etc.

As a home business, a small business's expenses are tax deductable if you want to itemize. Anything you buy for your business is tax deductible, including space in your house (one room for an office). Once you start, set your prices at 3.00 and above for products to cover added costs for anything under 3.00 (more is taken out of profits from PayPal). All your paper, paper clips, computers, and apps you use are tax deductible. However, when I started, I didn't deduct the first year. I can't say enough about making and trying to stick to a business plan, and I will say my TpT first grew because it was positive, my phone went chiching when I sold something, and it was great to get good feedback. Google offers something similar to TpT, but their cut for the author/designer is much higher. TpT (Teachers Pay Teachers) is the number one teacher materials business in the world and virtual products are gaining lots of momentum, as well as items which support social justice. My best advice is that you make what you are good at......and only what you feel good at......and find your niche in creating different products. Starting your own business is very time consuming, exciting, and requires an internal commitment for success.....and a plan. Hope this helps!
Definitely will try it out, sounds interesting. And I've done some similar things in Etsy so I'm sure I can handle it. Usually. Just need to get to a month where I can handle it. Hopefully next or the one after, because temporarily I am barely getting 4-5$ budget for food for the whole week, so things are tight.

Definitely will try it out, sounds interesting. And I've done some similar things in Etsy so I'm sure I can handle it. Usually. Just need to get to a month where I can handle it. Hopefully next or the one after, because temporarily I am barely getting 4-5$ budget for food for the whole week, so things are tight.
When I was in that spot, I went to my local church pantry....wasn't a member of the church.....but the Catholics didn't care. You need to eat, and while charity was a hard pill for me to swallow, it kept me healthy enough and fed my child, so I had the energy to work. I look at it now as a necessity for a moment in time. Good luck with your plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back