• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I feel extremely hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meds aren’t always a permanent thing. Quite often people just need them for a short period of time. It can take some time to find what works for you, but in the end if it helps, then it’s worth it.

Me, I’m kind of on the other end of things. I’ve tried EVERYTHING but I could never get a hold on my fluctuating moods as my system is hyper sensitive and I react to everything in my environment. I’ve kind of accepted that my med regiment may be permanent for the rest of my life. Somehow it’s easier accepting this given that my meds aren’t technically psych meds (but they work anyway).

I feel like there is too much to try and heal.Too much has happened, both trauma and plain old horrible experiences that have affected me...but I just can't seem to heal all the affects of the traumas and more subtle things like family dynamics and the damage that has done...I am having anxiety attacks every day.I feel so depressed. I feel like everything is far too complicated to even ever get through in therapy. Each topic alone takes two sessions at least and there is so many.
I really feel for you I do. This helplessness and hopelessness is really tough to deal with.

It helps usually but in the last couple weeks ever since a crisis line told me my trauma was my own fault I just can't shake the pain.]
There can be some unfortunate people on those services. In Australia we have Life Line and there are some real nutters on it 50% 50% reasonably good, you just hang up and ring back to get someone more decent. The SuicideCallBackLine is really good, I only had one unhelpful man in all the years I have rung. They are really helpful. I am so sorry that you had that experience.

@EveHarrington I will be seeing my dr soon (need to save up for the fee) as my therapist has advised me to go on meds. You're right..if they help, they will be worth it. I'm sorry you have such a hard time they need to be a permanant fixture. I am glad there are ones that do work fr you though.

@Disco Dancing Queen I have since found a good helpline. They were kind. Thanks for your support: )

I hope that you can get in to see a good doctor who will hear you and believe you. I am so glad to hear that you did find someone to talk to in being able to express what you are experiencing right now. I really hope that they will help you to get started on getting stable through the right meds. They sure helped me to be able to get stable when I was such a basket case. I wish you well in exploring your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back