• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I just started Zoloft and I just wondered did it help anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylove498

Confident
I just started Zoloft and I just wondered did it help anyone??

I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety and mild depression and also deal with depersonalization and derealization due to high anxiety.

I'm hoping this helps I am also in therapy which I started before the meds.the doctor has already told me that it will take awhile before I see or feel any change.

Sadly I just can't help but feel so lonely at times.I just started the zoloft today and I know it's not magic and won't change over night,but at times it feels like noone else understands how I'm feeling.half the time I barely feel here or like I don't even know who I am.

I have obsessional thoughts I wasn't diagnosed with actually ocd they said I have the o in ocd which is just obsessing thoughts verses actions.I have PTSD and health anxiety.As well as mild depression.

Is Zoloft a good med??
Has it helped anyone else out?
I just want to feel like me again and be okay with myself and my life again.

Zoloft was the very first antidepressant that I took. I found that it helped a lot with obsessive thoughts and anxiety. The sexual side effects were too much for me to bear, though, and you have to be careful coming off of it or you get the very unpleasant "brain zaps" - which means no drug holiday is possible for this med.

Thank you I just started it. I've read great reviews on it. I know it can take a bit to get in my system. One major concern I have is I already have a crazy sleep schedule and a family member of mine said they had issues sleeping on it.
I know it works different for different people.
did you personally have issues with sleep while being on it??

Everyone reacts to meds differently. Only time will tell if this works for you. Having said that, I found it's a good med for me, and helped me when others didn't. Good luck!

I take Zoloft for my PTSD. mthe thing with side effects for me is that a lot of the side effects are things that one can feel with PTSD anyway. So I don’t know whether it’s the drug, or if the drug is helping alleviate things I would be suffering with out it anyway!
I do know Zoloft and my therapist combined plus some time and hard thinking from me got me through the suicidal period of my PTSD and I believe shortened it/ lessened it. I have an innate difficulty assessing how I feel on meds with PTSD because... dissociation and just feeling weird anyway. I feel this is something I need to remain involved in but partially outsource for more reliable opinion .

The therapist I'm with has me coming every week due to what's gone on in my life in the last year. I had anxiety before but after all the stress and things that happened in the past year everything just got worse. To be honest I get scared of meds im terrified of having a bad reaction.
I want to feel better but my mind makes me question everything that could possibly hurt me even if it truly can't.

I am currently on it. Initially I had pretty bad side effects, so he lowered my dose and added Welbutrin. The latter made things worse and I was too zonked to do anything so he stopped Welbutrin and continued me on the lower dose of Sertraline (Zoloft). But I find it's not as effective after the Welbutrin and now I've had to increase the dosage again; twice.

As others have said though, only you can know if it helps you or not. Also, those zaps someone mentioned, if they happen, tell, your doc. Anyway, I hope it helps. Good luck

I started taking 50 mg approx 6 weeks ago and within a few days i had bad headaches, nausea and my insomnia got worse ! I struggled on for a few weeks and when i saw my pysch doc he suggested taking half a dose for 10 days and gradually increasing again. He told me that some people are really sensitive to it ( i’m one of them!) . Even with the horrible side effects i did feel it took the edge off my anxiety a little but the ptsd symptoms still remain. I took them to help with my sleep with the plan being to decrease anxiety levels to aid sleep ... but not so far. Im going to give them a bit longer to see what happens when i increase the dose again. Due to another medical condition im unable to take many of the other drugs.
I hope you manage to get something sorted, sometimes it is just about letting our bodies settle.

Its been the best ssri for me and ive tried probably all of them. It almost completely did away with intrusive thoughts and flashbacks. Only thing it did otherwise was cause loss of interest in the desire for intimacy. But Id rather not have the former than the latter. 200mg once a day.

Thank y'all.

I get super nervous I'm trying to stick with talking it to see if it helps. I've had a hard time falling asleep while being on it but once I do I seem to have a hard time getting up. When I do wake up I feel numb and like a ton of bricks are weighing me to the bed. I've also noticed my body feels very tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back