• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

In need of support and company

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SnowFlakeNBake

I have been having emotional flashbacks for the last week. I have been experiencing derealization and depersonalization. I want to curl in a ball and scream and growl and cry. And I can’t. I just need a support group I’m not sure where to turn.

We are here for you. I can relate in that when I need support there is none because all my usual groups are closed down and gone virtual. When I get in flashback mode I have to go do something that I’ve used in the past to pull me out a bit or redirect the thinking. Sometimes I paint or draw and just do that and see whatever comes out. I could write, but I think it would bring more flashbacks. I prefer to draw. I also saw an article in our local newspaper yesterday talking about the crisis line they have at the hospital and the increase they’ve seen in its use during the pandemic. I wish I could call it, but anxiety about doing something new overwhelms me. At least I can absorb that there is help out there and a lot of people are accessing that particular help line. So in a way I feel a bit more human, knowing others need help too, just for different reasons.

We are here. Do write as much as you feel safe too. And crying can be a healthy thing to do. And be gentle with you. 💜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back