• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Is it me? I feel like I'm keeping myself stuck and I should be doing more for myself but it's just so hard

LucyLou

Learning
Hmm....do you ever wonder, if its you? If its you that's keeping yourself stuck in the depressive cycle? I'm going to try and make sense, but to be honest....I'm not even sure what I'm talking about! I go through periods where I feel OK...but then, it's like, I can only feel ok for a couple of days before something happens or something is said to make me start thinking off all the sh*t again. I'm doing the therapy and medication now, but I sometimes wish I had done it all sooner and reclaimed my life. See, now at 38 I feel like this is just it and this is what my life is always going to be about.....all the things that happened because, for some reason, I can't let go and move on from it all. I feel like I'm keeping myself stuck and I should be doing more for myself but it's just so hard

Two huge things that helped me:

1. This: The ptsd cup explanation and learning to keep the cup from overflowing.

2. The power of stopping rumination. Its like the vortex in the sink and it just sucks you in. But learning to recognize and stop those thoughts is a huge thing. Do some searching here - there's lots of ideas and experience in how to get out of that instead of getting sucked down by it.....

Back