• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Isolated from the world — Need to know I'm not alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Google led me in this direction so I thought I'd give it a try. I was diagnosed with C-PTSD about two years ago and ever since, I've practically become a hermit. I have no friends, no family — nobody at all. To be fair, I've done this to myself. I've shut myself off from the world because I'm afraid. Of everyone and everything. And the anxiety has just become unbearable. I spend every moment of every day alone. I realize I need to do everything in my power to help myself. I need a support system. Badly. Would it be at all possible to talk to people regularly on here or offline? It would just be nice to have someone to talk to and lean on...

I've been in a similar situation...20 years hiding in a room. This site pointed me in the right direction and supported me all the way. I'm just starting to get out. I got an assessment from a psychiatrist...that was my starting block. Now I'm 5years in therapy and doing better.

I hope you find your way. Btw...I'm from your neck of the woods.

Welcome to the forum! Not a complete hermit anymore, because you've reached out to an online forum:) Hope that's a sign that things are going to start coming together for you.

You might enjoy hanging out a bit in the Social Forum, which gets busy, because isolating is definitely one of those things we do with ptsd.

Hi everyone. Google led me in this direction so I thought I'd give it a try. I was diagnosed with C-PTSD about two years ago and ever since, I've practically become a hermit. I have no friends, no family — nobody at all. To be fair, I've done this to myself. I've shut myself off from the world because I'm afraid. Of everyone and everything. And the anxiety has just become unbearable. I spend every moment of every day alone. I realize I need to do everything in my power to help myself. I need a support system. Badly. Would it be at all possible to talk to people regularly on here or offline? It would just be nice to have someone to talk to and lean on...
Yes. We are here; now you're not always alone.

I'd also recommend a therapist, if you have the means for it. Or, start thinking about it, someday.

Hi and welcome!

Wondering if you have a therapist? I don't isolate quite as much as you describe, but I do way more in the past couple of years. One of the things that has meant the world to me is my cats. Really couldn't live without them. Do you have any pets?

hello sleepless. welcome to the forum. for my therapy nickel, a network of people i can talk to is far, far better than a single light in the hallway. it takes a village to live a healthy life. a more diverse community, such as this one, can lead to far more solutions than a single outside contact.

so opineth the arf. . .

welcome aboard. hope you find healing companionship here.

Hi and welcome!

Wondering if you have a therapist? I don't isolate quite as much as you describe, but I do way more in the past couple of years. One of the things that has meant the world to me is my cats. Really couldn't live without them. Do you have any pets?
I'd also recommend cats!

Can you have pets/emotional support animals where you live?

I talk to my cats all day long, they help me when I'm heartbroken or helpless.

Therapists can be hard, sometimes it is hit or miss. Getting to find who and what kind of therapy works for you is a challenge: but, someone is better than no one. Start and you will find your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back