• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Keto Diet Effects On Mood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food the final frontier. We never had the discipline. When our 2 daughters ended up Autistic in the 90s we learned about diet and the blood brain barrier. Unfortunately we have alcohol and drug addicts and food addicts on both sides of the family. I would go so far as to say we couldn’t deal with a real restrictive diet emotionally. One family we were involved with, whose daughter was damaged by the HIB booster was macro biotic. You don’t hear that much anymore, but they carried pots and pans around with them.
That kind of crazy always put us off too, and gave us an excuse not to do it. I’m already crazy, and adding food crazy, which I would undoubtedly be I’m that way about everything? I dated a girl once who took scales with her everywhere I think it was weight watchers . So we still struggle with food .

I’m already crazy, and adding food crazy, w

^Whilst I can understand your position and the reasons you do not tackle your diet - doesn't have to be, and in fact is not, crazy. Avoid crazy. 🤡

Like everything that requires a lifestyle change rather than a 'diet', take small steps, establish new healthier habits, and routines but mostly, go slow, be accepting of the failures, and absolutely celebrate the little, meaningful steps forward.

go slow, be accepting of the failures, and absolutely celebrate the little, meaningful steps forward.
That's what I'm shooting for. New favorite meals, new recipes, new celebration foods. Then it will just be so much easier to sick to it and enjoy what I'm eating. When the way you eat is second nature, it becomes simple.

^Whilst I can understand your position and the reasons you do not tackle your diet - doesn't have to be, and in fact is not, crazy. Avoid crazy. 🤡

Like everything that requires a lifestyle change rather than a 'diet', take small steps, establish new healthier habits, and routines but mostly, go slow, be accepting of the failures, and absolutely celebrate the little, meaningful steps forward.
I wouldn’t say my position or reasons were an indication I hadn’t tackled my diet but rather that I was tired of being tackled by it. Thanks for the free advice. : ). I like mine with salt but just a grain. As to crazy I have papers to prove it.

wouldn’t say my position or reasons were an indication I hadn’t tackled my diet but rather that I was tired of being tackled by it. Thanks for the free advice. : ). I like mine with salt but just a grain. As to crazy I have papers to prove it.

^So this sailed right over my head and I have no idea what you mean.

It's no reflection on you.. my words were not a critique of you or your position merely trying to impart that I understand.

^So this sailed right over my head and I have no idea what you mean.

It's no reflection on you.. my words were not a critique of you or your position merely trying to impart that I understand.
I know you are sincere. Forgive me, I was thinking about all the fad diets that have come and gone since the sixties. People were so serious at the time, but nobody remembers that stuff now. I can’t do anything about it right now. I support anyone who can or does. : ). If it makes you feel better or helps at all, why not? The scale and my clothes say my diet works but that’s not a diet, it’s just limited caloric intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back