• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Looking for understanding and connection after multiple traumas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicsigudi

New Here
I was browsing through the internet because I felt like I need to find people that I can talk to and people who might understand me. Thats how I have found this forum. Im suffering from multiple mental problems and been through multiple traumas, the last and most serious witnessing my boyfriend suicide because he forced me to.
Right now my mental state is only getting worse but what worries me the most is that I have apperently lost all of my feelings... I know it sounds weird, but it is actually terrifying.
Now, after all these sad things.. I would be happy to get to know you guys and maybe talk to some. Thank you for having me here.

Hello and welcome.

I think it's pretty normal to go numb/dissociate when trying to function after one or several traumas, especially very serious traumas like witnessing a suicide. And grief can also cause that response. I've had that happen and remember the fear that came with it. It's hard to feel that sort of disconnection and wonder if you will ever feel human, again. The good news is that a whole lot of people do and there are a lot of people here who can relate to feeling numb.

I hope you like it here!

I'm glad you found us and yes, you can talk and we will listen. I am so sorry for what brought you here. That is a huge load to carry and you don't have to do it alone. I lost my son to suicide at the beginning of this year. If not for the people here I do not know where I would be right now.

My heart aches for your pain and you are not alone. Sending a gentle hug if you accept. If not, no problem. I didn't want to be touched for a long time. We are here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back