• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Madness, Insanity & The World Wide Web

anthony

Founder
This is my diary of things that well... may come into my head, or life, or just piss me off completely as a result of PTSD. Of all things, I actually don't have a trauma, life, or otherwise, diary. Go figure!!!

I've come to the decision long ago that PTSD sucks. I despise people who pray upon it with their belief they have something due to some minor upset in their life, when in comparison to what I've experienced, and what I know about PTSD, and what I know those with true PTSD have experienced.

I've come to understand that the world wide web is both good and evil. Mental illness is certainly dicey and a lot of kooks reside within the industry praying on all types of illness, with no real help what so ever. No, I don't put pharmaceutical into that... whilst they're certainly corrupt, medication does provide substantial evidence of being more help than hinderance to humanity. We would still be dying in hoards from the common cold or a minor infection, otherwise. Pro's and con's to most things in life... and sometimes life sucks.

I love starting a day with a run. Wokeup, had a coffee, put on my skins pants, sneakers and headphones, then went for a nice 5km run to get the day started. It is the single most thing to keep depression at bay. Since I got back into exercise, depression has subsided 99%. I had a dicey week a few weeks ago, where those dreaded suicide thoughts came back, but the mood decline didn't... not sure which is scarier at times, but I've come to accept that sort of shit as just that, shitty thoughts that are part and parcel of PTSD. Nothing new! I know they go away. Low and behold, they went away just ignoring them and getting on with daily life the best I could.

Told you PTSD sucks.

We put the flannelette sheets on when stripping the bed on the weekend, and Saturday night I had the best nights sleep in a month. I think my sleep changes in those in-between months where seasons are still making up their mind whether a day or night is going to be hot or cold. The constant adjustment of trying to get cool, or get warm... and Melbourne literally can produce four seasons in a day. The city is renown for it. Last night the temperature was a little warmer, thus a crappy nights sleep because I was too hot. Argh... hurry up and just get into full Winter, atleast that way every night is cold, thus I sleep rugged up and like a baby.

I find it amusing that I sleep so well that Nicolette sometimes literally lays on me to suck the warmth out of me whilst sleeping, all unbeknownst to me. I only know if she tells me in the morning... go figure!

Now for today... feeling good today, so I have to get active and get things done. When the day is good, make hay whilst the sun shines is my motto.

I find it amusing that I sleep so well that Nicolette sometimes literally lays on me to suck the warmth out of me whilst sleeping, all unbeknownst to me. I only know if she tells me in the morning... go figure!

Lol, totally gotta be related to a cat!

And yes, sleeping males are very nice toasty hot water bottles.
Winter is my favourite month because I tuck my 6ft male under my arm and head off to bed with a nice human hot water bottle.

:D:p

...then went for a nice 5km run to get the day started. It is the single most thing to keep depression at bay. Since I got back into exercise, depression has subsided 99%.
Exercise really helps. Drains all my defeated energy and fills me up with new positive energy.

...I had a dicey week a few weeks ago, where those dreaded suicide thoughts came back, but the mood decline didn't... not sure which is scarier at times, but I've come to accept that sort of shit as just that, shitty thoughts that are part and parcel of PTSD. Nothing new! I know they go away. Low and behold, they went away just ignoring them and getting on with daily life the best I could.
SI is a bugger. I am just ignore it and let it float around and it eventually dissipates through neglect.... It's so aggravating when it drifts in & your asked what triggered that whole thing?!

...Told you PTSD sucks.
I know I get so aggravated with people saying I can be cured. At least on this forum people understand my PTSD thoughts! Pop culture and society does not lend itself to deep thinking or seriously addressing issues. There is nothing redeeming about PTSD. Maybe it's made me empathetic, maybe I understand a little bit more, but it's not what I thought was my calling in life. I mean there's no recovered PTSD superhero's or legendary figure out there I can look up to!

May I ask what are skin pants? Do they make you run faster?

I quit watching the major news channels months ago. My stress level has reduced notably. When watching anything I use the 5 second rule to hear what was actually stated. 99% of the time it is a political diversion of media bullying.

Rarely are there facts to support their reports. The recorder still runs but thanks to this outstanding forum I have learned to live in the now! In the day instead of the restrictive one day at a time.

It is awesome and something I would not have thought I was capable of! I am new.

So happy you are not making this into a business. We tend to loose the passion/self when the monetary control takes over.

Thank you a gazillion for what you do! :hug: Whitney

Back