• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mdma therapy for ptsd in 3rd phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else read about or familiar with this? MAPS is the organization that is performing the trials. From what I read (hours of research) it’s looking like a miracle cure for Complex PTSD. As I am not in touch with my emotions & discussing “things” I have been running from, taking drugs to avoid feeling etc etc This whole therapy thing (1 visit thus far) is NOT SOMETHING I am even REMOTELY interested in. I loathe it in fact. As a teen LSD was a favorite if mine. I feel psyclobens (sp? idk) in pure form are amazing! Opening the mind, seeing things differently, spiritually awakening. Mind you!! I AM BY NO MEANS RECOMMENDING ANYONE TAKE THEM!! The MDMA BEING USED THERAPUTICALLY IS PURE PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE, NEVER TAKE STREET DRUGS OR ANY DRUGS UNLESS GIVEN BY A DR!!!! But if the FDA approves this, I’m telling you right now, it will be THE CURE!

Is that ecstasy? I thought ecstasy caused brain to use up some hormone or something and depletes your sys...
Maybe that was the party drug (goodness knows what people add to it) This is pharmaceutical grade, the only health concern mentioned was the heart. It can speed up, so of course you’d be guven a medical exam prior to being approved. And I just saw this under the heading “research & studies”...ugh. I’d remove this if I knew how...

Here is a good thread also discussing it: Mdma breakthrough treatment for ptsd

This whole therapy thing (1 visit thus far) is NOT SOMETHING I am even REMOTELY interested in
It is administered is prior to very long therapy sessions. The idea behind it is that MNDA pulls down the walls, and allows easier processing and integration of trauma in therapy.

It's a potential promising tool to help therapy become more effective in a very controlled setting.

I've been watching it closely too--- the VA in Arizona is doing some research on it. The only bad thing I've heard is that some people have really bad reactions that make them temporarily psychotic. It wears off - but still! I'm going to volunteer if they do any trials at my local VA because I'm hoping it will break thru some of my stubborness-

I've been watching it closely too--- the VA in Arizona is doing some research on it. The only bad thing...
I wonder if they will have any issues with people stopping the medicine then after they’ve completed therapy and recovered so to speak?

But if the FDA approves this, I’m telling you right now, it will be THE CURE!
Treatment. Not cure. It facilitates therapy

Last I knew, those sessions lasted all day, in part, to reduce the number of times the drug is administered

<chuckling> The half life of MDMA is roughly 10 hours. Even habitual recreational users often only dose once per night. That particular drug has legs. Someone who doesn’t have a tolerance built up? Will still be feeling it the next day. And probably still be a bit glowy the day after. The most intense effects, however, only last about 10 hours.

The elimination half-life is approximately seven hours (Mas et al., 1999). Like amphetamines, alkaline urine can increase the half-life of MDMA to 16-31 hours.http://www.health.gov.au/internet/p...ubs-modpsy-2-3~drugtreat-pubs-modpsy-2-3-pmdm

I ,per chance, got an opportunity to try MDMA (pure form, not street) about 2-3 months ago. It was without a therapist, at home with my safe roommate around for support, if needed. That experience made me a believer in the potential of MDMA being extremely helpful. After doing it myself, I totally see the importance of a trained MDMA therapist being a guide, I think my experience would have been more productive.It did remove my fears and barriers and I realized many things that were helpful. Hard to explain but I am a believer and am hoping it will become legal in US as soon as possible. Getting into a study looks completely impossible as they pick their subjects very carefully. I notice, so far, that they pick a lot of Vets who often have PTSD only, though many have both. Mine is abuse and neglect beginning at birth and continuing. But have not researched enough to see if they are doing studies for more CPTSD people. I am waiting and looking for an opportunity for this treatment after my lucky trial of the drug! Meanwhile, I keep plugging away with various tools for dealing with this and keep on keeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back