• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Wife of Veteran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienne said:
I think I understand why Rachel never came back. She was looking for advice and support, but I can´t see that that´s what she got.
The problem though Alienne, is that you won't always get what you want, and a person must fight their own fears in order to continue posting to get what they want and disregard what they do not want.

Online communities are tough at the best of times, and you really must just have thick skin, develop it even if you want to participate, then jump in and stick by your own guns. Be willing to accept others opinions and different angles of approach. Saying that, if you don't like what is being said, you simply ignore it and continue posting disregarding what you do not find useful.

The discussion above is, in my opinion, just as valid as it is interesting, BUT I feel it does not really belong in the introductions section. It should in fact be moved and get its very own thread as I guess it would make an interesting topic for many to debate!
Following quote reads from under the Break the Ice-sections heading: "This Forum is to break the ice...the initial anxiety of posting in a community thinking others will judge." And please correct me here if I´m wrong, but isn´t the discussion above quite judgemental in it´s tone? We as an audience, I feel, do not know enough about "R´s" personal circumstances to be drawing generalising conclusions referring to her "problem", as I feel has been made above. "R" was looking for help and to connect with people who were finding themselves in circumstances similar to hers, not to get her head bitten off.
Besides, I haven´t seen any other new member recieving that kind of welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back