• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

No therapy - Received phone call to say all therapy support has been withdrawn until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say hi to my therapist tomorrow at noon when the partial lockdown order goes into effect. She sent me a text today and asked me if I wanted to talk. It'll be nice to talk to her but it's not like a therapy session. I don't really need one right now. I'm talking to precious few people though? Probably a good idea to stay in touch with whoever we can. Things have become immediate enough to have diverted my attention. I'm going into survival mode a little bit. I'm good in crisis mode , big things I do fairly well.

If this isn't big, it'll do till big comes along.
I agree with some of the her comments , people will come together . Just keep going and try and do the next right thing.

Hi @Taz . My therapy too was cancelled. Left out in the wilderness! It's not easy. I was offered video and telephone sessions but declined at the moment as it's not the same. Hope you can get through this difficult time. All the best to you S3.
But you weren't left out in the wilderness.... you were offered telephone and video sessions and declined. That isn't being cancelled that is a choice not to take advantage of the opportunity to continue. I don't love phone therapy either, but I know that a healthy choice for myself is to continue to take advantage of ways to help myself even if they are a little uncomfortable. You should consider calling back and making a telephone session. Try it out... you may find it helps

You CAN get through this! Keep coming here for support!

I am actually cancelling my own therapy because being in a large therapy office doesn’t feel safe to me and I don’t want to get sick with the virus (still recovering from bronchitis).

Hey @Taz
There are lots of people here who will go out of their way to listen and help, so definitely try and make the most of that if you feel you can. Sorry your therapy got cancelled. Is there anyone in your life who is safe that you can get to check on you while things are at their toughest?

Hi @Taz . My therapy too was cancelled. Left out in the wilderness! It's not easy. I was offered video and telephone sessions but declined at the moment as it's not the same. Hope you can get through this difficult time. All the best to you S3.

Mine also...offered video and I just can't. As you said, not the same.

Hi @Taz and welcome! I've been coming here often. It's a good source of support. You might think about starting a trauma diary if you haven't already. I really like to go there and write.

Because I've stupidly waited 40years before asking for help I was only diagnosed 18months ago with C-PTSD I haven't as yet found my peaceful good place i seem to be in constant turmoil

Definitely not stupid. My first trauma was at 3 and I just recently was diagnosed with PTSD. And I am decades older than that now. :-)

No i got a phone call from a medical Secretary to say all therapy is cancelled until further notice

Oh. That's brutal.

@Rumors original poster wasn’t offered phone sessions. I feel it was insensitive to have a secretary call to cancel.
I was replying to Survivors comment that her therapist offered phone calls or video sessions and she didn't do it then claimed she was dumped as well. That wasn't the case. She made a choice not to do calls or video sessions...

@Rumors sorry, misunderstood.
oh I figured as much thus I wanted to clarify. I feel bad for the OP. I don't want to go in to my therapists office and she has started working from home. I did a phone call with mine. I was ok taking a break for a while bc I wasn't sure if video and phone calls would work for me well. It was fine, but totally out of my comfort zone. I am glad that I did talk with her bc if I had avoided it, like I always do with things that are uncomfortable, that would have been another barrier in my mind that I would have to work through at a later date. Avoidance just perpetuates mental illness. Facing things, giving yourself every opportunity to be healthy promotes a healthy and happy life. In my opinion, that is an easy choice. No worries though @Skywatcher. The thread was kind of hard to follow for a few posts and I jumped in late in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back