• šŸ’– [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] šŸ’– Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Non Triggering TV/Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donā€™t exist.
LeSigh. Case in point?

I just heard birdsong on a show I havenā€™t heard in 20 yearsā€¦ and lost 3 and a half hours staring at nothing.

>.<

ā€¦.That said? Knowing your own trends in film/TV >>> what makes you FEEL (think act) in certain ways? Is pretty durn useful.

Certain things I KNOW set me off, others I KNOW I deliberately poke myself with, like poking a sore tooth with my tongue; I KNOW itā€™s gonna hurt, but I still do it. To no benefit whatsoever. Just cussed stubbornness.

Itā€™s giving myself permission to nope out of things I know in adv. are a bad idea, or to exit stage left when Iā€™m surprised.. that keep me an avid reveller in stories. Whether theyā€™re on stage, at a drive in, or curled up with my tablet in bed. šŸ˜‰ Youā€™ll note movie theatres arenā€™t on that list. If Iā€™m going somewhere to watch a film? Give me 6 walls of steel, grass to run around in, frisbees to throw, and windows to stick my feet out of. Plus I park on the edges. Because hot daaaayum, can I enjoy a flick that way, that I suffer through in a stuffy box with 2 exits. And either the whole of everyone behind me in the first row, or with the teenagers getting head in the back row (both for a fast exit, neither particularly fun).

Triggers? Happen. Itā€™s what we do next that matters. Even then though, sometimes we lose a few hours to ā€œoopsā€. Thatā€™s okay. It happens. No big deal. Carry on & as we were.

Last edited:
I need to be better about watching the trailers to things. Right now, symptoms in full swing Iā€™m struggling with anything with a therapist in it.

I donā€™t know how I keep doing this but every time I agree to a movie without real knowledge of it, somehow its theme is suicide. Not exactly helpful.

I watched Dog Gone on Netflix but in my world everything is triggering, some things are enjoyed despite the trigger. I enjoyed this movie a lot. Iā€™ve also been enjoying Rosewood on Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back