• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Not sure if it's my brain or reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've experienced several sexual assaults and stalking in my life. I've been seeing a therapist and taking medication and things are actually getting a little better, bit by bit.

I recently went to therapy with a family member to work out some issues, I felt better after I went to therapy because he was acting appropriately and we were in a room with another person.

I've been wanted to invite him out to dinner or something with my family, but previously, part of the reason I was avoiding him was because he was looking at me in a way I didn't feel comfortable with. He also looks at waitresses and other younger women in that way and it makes me uncomfortable. I felt like he was looking at my chest, etc. I can't tell if it's something I've worked up in my head because of my illness or if it is real, but it is distressing me, because I don't want to be hurtful and avoid this person for ever, for the vague reason of, "He looked at me funny" but I'm trying to limit my triggers, so I can move forward and have a life. Now I'm just not sure what to think or do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back