• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Our cats

PXL_20231201_225934740.jpg

We helps look for more trees..........

My cats are such weirdos......

No matter where she is if I open my jar of black olive tapinade to have some with crackers - Pearl shows up in seconds and will not leave until she gets some for herself......
Mine does that with vegan mayonnaise 😝

Descended on by locusts. OMFG. No. I am not a climbing tree. Yes. I see you sneaking -ninja like- towards my plate. Get OFF the counter!

A long time ago Pup discovered that this bean bag made an awesome dog bed. Cat recently discovered it makes an equally awesome cat bed and has been using it all day every day.

View attachment 64146
It’s extra awesome because it “is” (was!) someone else’s!!! 🤣

Mine.

And that’s mine.

And that’s mine.

And that’s mine.

>^..^<

Last edited:
Hi Cat-People, I need your advice.

I've been offered a room in a shared housing thing on a farm and it's affordable, nice people, lovely house, etc.

Only problem is, it's directly on a very busy road where drivers go very fast (over the speed limit).

The owners have had several animals get run over and the other tenants in the shared housing bit recently had one of their cats get run over and a dog.

I went there again yesterday, because I'm feeling very sceptical as to whether it's safe enough for my cats.

And in what felt like a sign, yesterday, another of the farm's cats got run over directly on the road next to their driveway.

My cats don't know a busy road like that so I'm really worried that it'll simply be their death sentence.

Earlier today, I wrote to the landlord to say that I'm going to have to cancel, I just won't be able to sleep at night knowing that my cats might get run over at any moment.

They've been nice about it but asked me to reconsider, because they think I fit in well with the other people there (which I think I do - I like them as well).

But it just doesn't feel safe to expose my cats to this...

I don't know how to make the right decision about this...

If I pass this opportunity by, then I may not find any other rental places either that are any good... So I don't even know whether I'll find a better option for my cats... I truly don't know. The housing market here is f*cked and I don't have much money so my options are limited.

I was thinking about going to the pet store to get those GPS trackers for both cats, so I could at least know where they are/ find them in the evenings and bring them inside... I don't know if that would be "safe enough" then...?

This is the two of them:

cats.jpg

If I pass this opportunity by, then I may not find any other rental places either that are any good... So I don't even know whether I'll find a better option for my cats... I truly don't know. The housing market here is f*cked and I don't have much money so my options are limited.
If you don’t take it you might end up resentful toward the cats. If you think it will stress them out to be indoors then you take the risk of them being outside. There is a risk to every decision; just up to you which risk is greater.

I second transitioning them to indoors. I adopted a feral cat and transitioned her to indoors. It’s not uncommon or terribly difficult but it does require commitment.

Back