• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Positive Thinking Can Backfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleoc

MyPTSD Pro
This goes to show that we all have different ways of coping. If one strategy doesn’t work for you, listen to your body!

If you’re pessimistic, own it! :D

I keep reading about this every where. Saw a great video that explained how it is helpful to people who are healthy, and children who have healthy parents but unproccesed trauma folks might as well forget it and childhood trauma folks should forget it for life, as it can cause someone to go backward in their progress. Haven't watched your video yet but going to now.

Edit after watching: I am a deffinsive pessimist! Whoo hoo! Whoops lol. So basically said the same thing. This video alluded to it, but the video I watched suggested positive actions may be more helpful.

Last edited:
I would love to see a video on how people change these coping strategies — I can’t find one and wouldn’t mind knowing, if any professional does! I’m assuming SOMEONE is studying it. But I don’t know.

When I started high school I was the biggest pessimist ever. Learned it from my mom. Now, though, I’m usually an optimistic. I know I must have done some kind of work for that, but I can’t seem to remember a transition. Maybe it just happened naturally? Maybe I was born to be an optimistic and traumas got in the way? Who knows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back