• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD And EMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, as for the pictures, you just add them to your post when posting. You can't do it from the box at the bottom, but if you click "post reply", and you scroll down below the post box, you will see a button, "manage attachments", click that, click browse, find the photo on your computer, click ok, then click upload and wait. When the file is uploaded, it will tell you, and also show you the file icon, which you then click close, to close the window that opens, and simply submit your post. You must obviously have some words also, as the system requires you type a few words, too stop spammers. But that will simply attach your photo to the bottom of your post, which everyone else can then view.

Hi Kay,

That would be lovely if you can send us a picture of you both. Nothing like the love of animals or children, unconditional and straight up. Hope you are feeling a little better and finally managed to get some sleep. It seems to make a lot of difference even if you can only get a little rest. It is a cruel irony that people with PTSD use so much effort to suppress what their minds continue to see and replay for them at any moment but often when they sleep.

Anthony is right, he does toss and turn in his sleep. I usually wake when he is having a real bad dream, then I wake him, telling him it is okay. AND yes he has punched me in his sleep but only the once and he was so remourseful the following morning for something over which he had no control. Bad enough to have a horrible dream, horrible nights sleep and then wake up to find that you had socked your wife.

Anyhow better go get organised for work tomorrow. Take care of you, talk soon.

Kay Dee

Hi all

Have had the flu the last couple of days. Starting to return to normal, though. Tomorrow is my EMDR assessment. I don't want to miss it. So today I stayed home from work and slept. Last night, with the high fever had lots of vivid dreams and nightmares. Awful. But I'm coming around. Will let you know how the assessment goes.

Anthony, read the article after Alexander's accident. No, I really don't trust what government says. Really have to be skeptical . . . don't know what to believe. There seems to be so much covering up. I am glad Alexander is okay.

Getting burnt out at work lately. Having behavior problems with one of the clients at work. We're working on it.

Wow, I didn't realize this forum was based out of Australia. Neat. I am in the United States. I don't know how I came to this website. I was looking up information regarding PTSD and came upon it. Anthony, did you start this up pretty much for people who were in war? Or is it for anybody? I guess I didn't realize how new the forum was. I think it very interesting to talk to you from Australia.

The other night, I think Sunday, I had panic attacks all night. First time for a while. I am wondering if it is because of upcoming assessment. Boy if that therapist only knew what kinds of problems she created in my life, and possibly others. At times I am relieved she is not in the area, so I don't run into her. I don't know what I would do - - - attack her? Run? I remembered the other night how after every hypnosis session I would cover my head. I wanted to run out of the room, but it felt like I couldn't move; like I was paralyed. She would keep saying "they" are making you feel that way.

Oh, I had my mammogram yesterday; and the radiologist said everything was okay, and "see you next year." Relieved again. My family was happy.

Kerri-Ann - I don't mean to chuckle; but when you explained getting socked during the night by Anthony, I remembered when I was married, and my ex being a cop - he was having a nightmare one night and he sat up in bed and pointed his finger at me as though he was pointing a gun and said, "freeze asshole." I waited awhile before I said anything to him needless to say. But it can be quite shocking can't it?

Well, I'm still a little weak yet, so am going to get to bed early. Big day tomorrow.

Take care and talk to you soon.

Kay

Yer, damn flu, I got it myself, and the little fella also. We had to get the ambulance out wednesday night, as he was struggling to breath, so they come and took him to hospital, gave him some steroids to open up his airway, and we brought him back home in the early mornings. None of us got any sleep that night. Should see a tired 10 month old on steroids... WOW... he had some energy for a tired little fella!

Yer, the forum is only very new, about a month old now, and it is for everyone. There is no specific type of PTSD that isn't welcome here... and quite honestly, the more the merry, as we all learn from each other in my opinion, and we all tend to help one another out to get a bit better. The forum is aimed for anyone with PTSD, spouses, family and friends of those with PTSD, so they also have some support with other spouses, friends off, etc etc. So no, its not just for war related people, but everyone. PTSD is PTSD to me, and I've already seen a wide variety of cases from soldiers, to air force, rape, abuse, vehicle accidents, etc etc. I know a few different methods in how people achieved PTSD, and talking with them all, its the same thing we all have.

That's why I made seperate forums for those who have PTSD, spouses, family, and then just one if people just want to join up and chat. Everyone is welcome here.

That's great news about the mammogram... good stuff. I often think how lucky I am to be a male at times, and not have to worry about so many issues that women tend to go through... especially that child birth thing! :) OUCH

Take care with the anxiety Kay... and I do agree, I think it is very much the lead up to the EMDR. I get exactly the same way a week or two before something big, that is going to impact me, or where I have to talk about trauma and so forth... anxiety kicks in well before it, even though I think I'm ignoring it, apparently I'm not. My wife tends to pick things up before I do... but I'm getting much better at picking myself up when getting anxiety or stressed.

Take care, get rid of that flu, as I am also trying to do, and goodluck with tomorrow. I look forward to hearing from you about the experience.

Anthony.
P.S. Big hug for strength tomorrow, I know how you feel.

Kay,

Congrats on the clear mammogram. My mum had bowel cancer years ago and it is a celebration each time she gets a clear bill of health. Just a quick post to wish you the best of luck with the EMDR assessment. I hope that it brings you some results to make life a lot easier to enjoy and I hope that you are feeling a little better with the flu. Take care of you.

Kay Dee

Hi all

Went for the assessment. Before we even got started the therapist indicated she knew the therapist's partner; and in fact, rented office space from the therapist. Conflict of interest. So no assessment. She did give me the name of another therapist who does EMDR. I did call. That therapist is going to discuss with her colleagues the best route for me to take and get back to me.

I opened my mouth about a therapist. Now I'm paying for it. It might be a bit of a challenge to find someone who did not know that particular therapist. Or even a therapist confident enough to work with me. I'll hear something on Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway, got over the flu. It came on fast and hard. Took all the energy I had. But today, was able to go work out. Feeling much better.

Anthony/Kerri-Ann - I feel so bad about your son. I hope he is doing okay now.

I was going to get a picture on here today, but my brother is out for the evening. Will catch up with him tomorrow.

Don't have a lot to say today . . . Guess I'm still ticked off about the appointment yesterday. However, I should be relieved that that therapist said something before we got started. It's just that now I have to wait - - - again! And symptoms are increasing - flashbacks, anxiety, no sleep, nightmares, depression. It all stinks.

I'm working midnights again tonight. Being supervisor, if I can't find anyone to fill a shift, I have to work it. No problem, though. Can stay awake for hours on end.

If I can catch my brother tomorrow, will post tomorrow. Otherwise, talk to you soon.

Yer, that sucks. I suppose though, it is better knowing now than once started, that one knows the other, especially when the other caused the problems to begin with... damn. I notice that even here, as all the veteran friendly physc's know one another, but none of them here have ever done anything like that, so the only reason you change really, is if you have a personal disagreement with one, or just can't connect with them.

Chat later...

Kay Dee

Anthony

I uploaded my picture. Hope it showed up. I am going to be out for awhile so talk to you soon. Like my gopher cheeks!!??

Attachments

• IMAG0010.JPG
    IMAG0010.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 205
Kay Dee

Anthony:

The chair is my dad's chair. Mine is very similar, only mine reclines back. Mine is in the room that is in the background. That is my den. That was Kisha with me. My pride and joy. She just had her hair cut last week. Kerri-Ann, what do you think of Kisha? A cutie, huh?

Well, hopefully tomorrow I will hear from that other therapist and see if she can get me hooked up with a different therapist who specializes in EMDR. Crossing my fingers. Have been having some increase in symptoms - anxiety, panic attacks at night, waking up quite a bit. Have a doctor appointment tomorrow for leg pain. It seems everytime I turn around something goes wrong with either my foot or leg. I came to realize a while back that I hold daily stress and tension in my legs and feet. So been working at relaxing them when I become aware of it.

So, Anthony, how have you been? How are things going with your older son. Good, I hope. And how's the little guy?

Also haven't heard anything from Alexander or Evelyn. Soon I hope.

I will also let people I know about the forum who have PTSD. All I can do is let them know the support is there. If they are ready, they'll check into it.

Going to try and sleep some tonight. Worked midnights last night, but didn't get much sleep. Have tomorrow off. If my brother isn't occupying the computer, I'll check in.

Kay Dee

Hi all

Last week was out a few days at a conference for my job. Another night I didn't sleep all night. So when I wasn't working or at meetings, I was sleeping. This weekend was much better. When to work out today. Went to work for 6 hours.

I checked a few times last week, and no one had posted, so thought everyone was taking a break?

How is everyone doing? Anthony, haven't heard from you, are you okay?

Haven't heard anything on the EMDR yet. Still waiting to find a therapist. Should hear something this week. I sure hope I can find one who can do the EMDR. Would like to get my life into some kind of "order." Getting tired of ups and downs. I know having symptoms is a part of PTSD; but I would love to lessen the amount and intensity. And definitely I would like to have normal sleep.

Started doing some more crafts this weekend. I am going to use some of them for Christmas gifts.

I hope to hear from you, Anthony; and also everyone else. Talk soon.

Hey Kay... yer, sorry, I've just been taking it easy myself over the past week... a few marital problems... all good though. That really bites that you happened to get a therapist who had a conflict of interest.... or as Homer Simpson would say, DOH!

I am just taking it easy at the moment, not doing much at all. My wife is driving me nuts, and well, I have a limited scope to handle too much, as you well and truly know. She is a bit better tonight, thus I am also... good thing.

I had my older son this weekend, and took him out to the motocross Saturday night, and we went ten pin bowling Sunday... which I kicked his and Kerrie's butt... Logan got all cocky though as he beat Kerrie the first game, but then she smashed him the second game, with a few strikes right at the end of her game. He didn't see that one coming... matter of fact, I don't think Kerrie did either. It was fun though. I had a good relaxing weekend with my eldest, and my little fella, well, when he's older, he can come to the motocross too.... whoo hooo.

I have a little bit of work to do this week, so that will keep me busy. I'm looking forward to moving in another five weeks... that can't come soon enough for me. Townsville is very much a military community, and I need to escape it, as some parts of it trigger me at times, ie. helicopters flying on the roof tops, and so forth. I get a bit edgy at times. Mind you, I was a bit funny Sunday after going to the motocross Saturday.... but that is just the usual crowd thing I guess. Something I am trying to learn to cope with, though I don't do it often, as I hate feeling unwell the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back