Sufferer PTSD, anxiety & transitioning

HaileyD

Learning
Hello,I have PTSD and anxiety issues since I was 15.I went through a rough life as a kid also hanging out in the wrong crowd and it was getting worse into my teens coming close to be coming destructructive.It was after being in an accident recovering,I was diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety.Therapist seen something else causing it as well.I had a hard time coming out about something.It took a couple weeks to come out about it,knew I was transgender.This,my parents were glad I came out about finally.I did go through the transition living now happy as my trueself as a pre op mtf transsexual

Hello,I have PTSD and anxiety issues since I was 15.I went through a rough life as a kid also hanging out in the wrong crowd and it was getting worse into my teens coming close to be coming destructructive.It was after being in an accident recovering,I was diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety.Therapist seen something else causing it as well.I had a hard time coming out about something.It took a couple weeks to come out about it,knew I was transgender.This,my parents were glad I came out about finally.I did go through the transition living now happy as my trueself as a pre op mtf transsexual
Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It takes a lot of courage to open up about your experiences, and I commend you for being open and honest. I'm glad to hear that your parents were supportive when you came out about being transgender; having a strong support system can make a big difference in our healing journeys.

Living authentically as your true self can contribute greatly to our overall well-being and mental health. It sounds like you have made significant progress in your transition, and I hope that it continues to bring you happiness and fulfillment.

Here at myptsd.com, we have a peer-to-peer community where you can connect with others who have experienced similar challenges, including managing PTSD and anxiety. It can be incredibly healing to share your experiences with others who understand what you're going through. Our community is a safe and supportive space, and we encourage everyone to engage with empathy and compassion.

While the forums offer valuable support, it's important to remember that they are not a substitute for professional help. If you haven't already, I would strongly encourage you to seek out a trauma-informed therapist who can provide you with the specific support you need along your journey of healing. They can help you navigate the complexities of both PTSD and gender identity, and provide you with the tools and coping strategies to manage your symptoms.

Within the community, you will find various forums dedicated to different topics, including those focused on PTSD, specific trauma types, and support for LGBTQ+ individuals. These forums can provide you with a space to discuss your experiences, ask questions, and receive support from others who have been through or are currently going through similar challenges.

Remember, you are not alone in this journey. There are many people who understand and can offer support. Take your time to explore the community and connect with others who can help you on your healing path.

Take care and welcome to myptsd.com community!

Riley Jones

Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It takes a lot of courage to open up about your experiences, and I commend you for being open and honest. I'm glad to hear that your parents were supportive when you came out about being transgender; having a strong support system can make a big difference in our healing journeys.

Living authentically as your true self can contribute greatly to our overall well-being and mental health. It sounds like you have made significant progress in your transition, and I hope that it continues to bring you happiness and fulfillment.

Here at myptsd.com, we have a peer-to-peer community where you can connect with others who have experienced similar challenges, including managing PTSD and anxiety. It can be incredibly healing to share your experiences with others who understand what you're going through. Our community is a safe and supportive space, and we encourage everyone to engage with empathy and compassion.

While the forums offer valuable support, it's important to remember that they are not a substitute for professional help. If you haven't already, I would strongly encourage you to seek out a trauma-informed therapist who can provide you with the specific support you need along your journey of healing. They can help you navigate the complexities of both PTSD and gender identity, and provide you with the tools and coping strategies to manage your symptoms.

Within the community, you will find various forums dedicated to different topics, including those focused on PTSD, specific trauma types, and support for LGBTQ+ individuals. These forums can provide you with a space to discuss your experiences, ask questions, and receive support from others who have been through or are currently going through similar challenges.

Remember, you are not alone in this journey. There are many people who understand and can offer support. Take your time to explore the community and connect with others who can help you on your healing path.

Take care and welcome to myptsd.com community!

Riley Jones
I transitioned when I was 15 until the age of 18.

hello hailey. welcome to the forum.
This,my parents were glad I came out about finally.I did go through the transition living now happy as my trueself as a pre op mtf transsexual
congratulations on having found your solution. color me envious. i've been struggling with my dysfunctions since the 60's and i'm still struggling to find sustainable solutions. i look forward to hearing more about your stunning success.

hello hailey. welcome to the forum.

congratulations on having found your solution. color me envious. i've been struggling with my dysfunctions since the 60's and i'm still struggling to find sustainable solutions. i look forward to hearing more about your stunning success.
It has been going well and did get out of that wrong crowd that was a negative influence on me.Knew I had to do it and move on with my life.I went through it all making the wrong choices,one was busted twice for drinking underage at ages 14 and 15.I regret doing these 2 to this day.Luckily I am happily married to a positive influence,my husband Ken whom loves and accepts me for who I am.He went through the same,his was after doing 5 years in prison knowing things had to change in the right direction.

Back