• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Questioning Validity Of Flashback

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I think of sharing it with someone (my therapist) I feel ashamed. If it's real, I'm ashamed that it happened, and if it's not, I'm ashamed that I could think of such a thing.

BrownEyes, you've put to words what I was feeling at that time. After I told my friend, it was five years before I told anyone else. That was my therapist, after I wrote it down to share with him. You are right, it is amazing how much so many of us have in common!

When you are ready, talking through it will be a tough but important journey for you. And I will definitely be rooting for you along the way.

Dear Browneyes,
I can relate so much to the shame....and sometimes I think I pick up on the abusers shame and put it in my own bag pack so I have been carrying a heavy load of shame my whole life. I get different kind of memories....one time it is kinda of like a snap shot...with no emotions linked to them...like you were talking about...other times it is a smell....but mostly I have strong sensations in my body and in trembles and shakes...feeling cold like crazy.
Today was hard. I went to have tea with a friend and in came a guy who almost raped me a few years ago and it all came back to me....it is like I have been putting everything in a different part of my brain and now it is all overflowing into the same one...I don't know if it makes sense. It is a hard puzzle to solve and frustrating but we are not crazy....a normal reaction.....yet haunting. Trust in yourself. Love Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back