• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quote Of The Day

"Playing intellectual argumentative cleverdick games will get one where?" S.D.C.

That made my herbal tea exit via my nose this morning as soon as I read it, and sums up much of how I felt yesterday when reading comment sections of some of our local media outlets, etc.. Grateful for those who successfully express what I can't summon the words for.

saw this and had to look it up, it is Shakespeare from The Merchant Of Venice, not a line I remember but so appropriate if applied to the way members of marginalized races must feel right about now;

"Thou call’dst me dog before thou hadst a cause, but since I am a dog, beware my fangs."

Too long for a T shirt

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight." ~Albert Schweitzer

“In fact, if one person is unkind to an animal it is considered to be cruelty, but where a lot of people are unkind to animals, especially in the name of commerce, the cruelty is condoned, and once large sums of money are at stake, will be defended to the last by otherwise intelligent people.” ~Ruth Harrison

"One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. Struggling souls catch light from other souls who are fully lit and willing to show it." ~Clarissa Pinklola Estes

“It is our suffering that brings us together. It is not love. Love does not obey the mind, and turns to hate when forced. The bond that binds us is beyond choice. We are brothers. We are brothers in what we share. In pain, which each of us must suffer alone, in hunger, in poverty, in hope, we know our brotherhood. We know it, because we have had to learn it. We know that there is no help for us but from one another, that no hand will save us if we do not reach out our hand. And the hand that you reach out is empty, as mine is. You have nothing. You possess nothing. You own nothing. You are free. All you have is what you are, and what you give.” ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

“Though we are led to think the opposite, I believe the self is the macrocosm through which the outside culture is shaped. So rather than thinking of inner work as selfish, we can see it as a service to the cultural consciousness.” ~Toko-pa Turner

“Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Back