• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Raffle, Month Of April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to another Anonymous!

Things are getting interesting. Lots of tickets distributed among us now. Who will win? Could be anyone. Game on. I'm excited to see what happens as more people get a hand in this drawing.

Trying have issues - (HHHAAAAA). Bank card is not working. No CS avail after 7PM. Will sort for tomorrow. This and dog food top of list. Woof.

Hello, Forum Members :)

So - there are 9 more days to get to this raffle's goal of $2000, total (which means we will have raised $1500 over the month of April).

The prizes are:
  • 1st Prize - US$250 Amazon Gift Card
  • 2nd Prize - US$50 Amazon Gift Card
  • 3rd Prize - 1 Year Premium Membership
(Details are in the first post of this thread)

This will not be the end of our fundraising for the year - our annual goal is $5000, and we have until December 31 to get there. So if we can all get really excited and stretch past the $2000 mark on this one, so much the better!

Here are some common questions, and answers:

I'm broke. I can't give anything. Is there anything I can do?
Yes, there is! You can get some energy going for the raffle in these last nine days. Talk about it in chat; change your avatar to something that promotes the raffle; encourage each other, and heap bounteous 'thank-you's on the folks who are able to donate.

I'd give, but I don't want to have a PayPal account...my confidentiality matters to me. What do I do?
So glad you asked! We only accept donations through PayPal, but you do not need a PayPal account to donate. All you need is a pre-paid debit card. You can purchase them all over - convenience stores, supermarkets, gas stations...(that's in the US; folks from other countries, feel free to post on this thread with advice on where to find them).

You can also donate on PayPal without opening an account, using your own debit or credit card.

In other words - it's a lot easier than you might think :)

Are there ways to make giving more fun and inclusive?
Definitely! In our last raffle, members made donations for each other - so, if there's a member that has given something to you on the site (through their posts or words of support), you can make a donation and give your ticket to them! That way you get to do two cool things - support the forum, and surprise each other with a little kindness :) All you need to do is use the "note" space to say who your ticket(s) are for.

@Simply Simon had a clever idea - you can read all about her raffle pledge here: Raffle Tickets > Cigarettes. And @scout86 jumped on board, promising matching funds if Simon keeps her pledge. Super-cool. If anyone is looking to kick-start a life change, I bet you'll find a matching gift out there, too.

@digger has some great words on the subject, here: What Will You Spend $5 On This Month?. It's actually fun to think creatively about ways that you might be able to re-direct a little of your monthly budget to give something back to the forum (I think it's fun, anyway!)

I'm already a Premium Member; do I still need to donate?
If you want to enter the raffle, yes, you do :) And we are grateful to every Premium member for investing in the site on that level; we hope the upgrades you get are worth the cost. All funds go to the forum in one way or another; if Premium is all you can do, that's of course understandable. But - if you have just another $5 to spare - you can also get a raffle ticket...(just sayin') :cool:

Thanks so much for reading, and being the wonderful community that you are.

-JL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back