• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

@Mee, I think I'll try that one. I've been reading a lot of YA fiction. I fell and pulled my hamstring broke a toe and a finger, and have a partially detached tendon in my finger. It makes it difficult to type.

@Mee, I think I'll try that one. I've been reading a lot of YA fiction. I fell and pulled my hamstring broke a toe and a finger, and have a partially detached tendon in my finger. It makes it difficult to type.

I’d be really interested to know what you think. I’m reading a chapter at a time to give me time to think . So it will take me a few days.

I am also reading YA fiction - today I have listened to The Raybearer - which is simply beautiful YA fantasy with a sort of Wakanda feel. It’s read beautifully for audible.

Finally finished Unfollow by Phelps-Roper yesterday after a long stretch of small, bite-sized chunks.

The final chapter's discussion about the destructive (and arrogant) nature of 'certainty' was particularly interesting. Her commentary about 'pride' on the other hand was (predictably) a trigger for me!

Glad I read it. Confronted by the issues of certainty that go along with programmed beliefs that I hold. Not sure where to go with it (other than a much lighter book choice for my next read!). So, no, will not be taking on Rising Heart by Conteh-Biger just yet!!

I rarely buy new books, but this is one I felt like I had to have. I'm still excitedly awaiting its arrival. Water is life and often gets ignored as the essential and vital component that it is. Sort of like breath, we tend to take it for granted until a rude and harsh awakening crosses our path.

I've long since admired the resilience of Erin in her quest to heighten awareness and persevere in one of many arenas that doesn't take too kindly to being questioned regarding regulations and such. May all that invested energy continue to pay off in the best of ways.

‘Superman’s Not Coming’: Erin Brockovich On Stick-To-Itiveness And What You And I Can Do About Our National Water Crisis

"If you don’t recognize the name, Erin Brockovich, her acclaim might have preceded your birth. In 1993, she used her pit-bull determination to help residents of Hinkley, California win a massive arbitration against the Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The company was found liable for dumping chromium-6—a carcinogen used to suppress rust formation at the Hinkley gas compressor station—into an unlined pond in the 1950s and 1960s. The chemical seeped into the town’s groundwater. The company hid the problem and misled the community on the effects of that specific type of chromium and its link to local health problems."

I finally got my Erin Brockovich about the national water crisis, however, my brain desperately needs a break from legalese and idiotic/asinine processes that lead to heartache/fatality for multitudes of humans and other living things for a bit.

I took advantage of the library's call ahead and do a front door pick-up option today and checked out The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff to soothe my current vibe.

I finally got my Erin Brockovich about the national water crisis, however, my brain desperately needs a break from legalese and idiotic/asinine processes that lead to heartache/fatality for multitudes of humans and other living things for a bit.

I took advantage of the library's call ahead and do a front door pick-up option today and checked out The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff to soothe my current vibe.

I used to have the Tao of Pooh!

I loved it!

I'm reading a heavy weight whistleblower book too, it's very heavy going, she actually mentions Erin, at one point.

I get overloaded and triggered from reading it, so I'm pacing myself. It's about vaccination injury, infectious cancerous retroviruses and death from vaccine cover-ups. Very hard to read, but, I'm persisting, I have to go slow, though.

Last edited:
Back