• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

I am reading Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) This is the second mystery in a series and as Rowling is known for, an excellent book.

I am probably the only person on the planet who did not read The Harry Potter series. But I do love her mysteries.

A very good distraction, reading.

Sort of reading healing from hidden abuse. Mostly I can't stand it so far. Not so much skim reading as bypassing huge chunks of her going on about what a great therapist she is, and how everyone who is abusive is narcissistic, sociopathic or psychopathic. No room for common areseholes in her world clearly.

See if the rest of the book has any useful bits.

It's definitely a cool book, @DharmaGirl ! I speak gratitude and love to the water I consume/collect/use/cross paths with from the sky and on the ground/etc. Which would likely make me a candidate for commitment in the eyes of some. lol Talking to water and hugging trees every chance I get. 🥰 Imagine if we spoke to ourselves as compassionately as we talk to the plants and such.

About to dive into the Celebration of Breath by Sondra Ray. It was a gift from a friend, who has since moved to Costa Rica, who taught me about the 20 connected breaths technique, and other beneficial breathing-on-purpose techniques to ease anxiety and stress. Gifts that keep on giving, for sure.

Back