Sufferer Recently diagnosed and need support

Sideways

Can you suggest what kinds of support ..?
Sure, so for this OP, and where they are, their current treatment plan is:
I currently see a psychiatrist once a week and will be starting EMDR therapy soon as I have locked everything in a box.
looking in the forum for grounding techniques and methods
And that's a rock solid strategy for someone like the OP who has complex trauma with acute anxiety and depressive symptoms going on. Broken down, it's essentially:
1) stabilise so that everyday function is happening again;
2) nail down some grounding techniques and other coping strategies so that they're ready to use; then
3) progress to working on the complex trauma through emdr once there's some confidence in the above 2 steps.

@Hopex - hope that your anxiety about your new diagnosis is starting to settle a bit.

Hopex

New Here
Sure, so for this OP, and where they are, their current treatment plan is:

And that's a rock solid strategy for someone like the OP who has complex trauma with acute anxiety and depressive symptoms going on. Broken down, it's essentially:
1) stabilise so that everyday function is happening again;
2) nail down some grounding techniques and other coping strategies so that they're ready to use; then
3) progress to working on the complex trauma through emdr once there's some confidence in the above 2 steps.

@Hopex - hope that your anxiety about your new diagnosis is starting to settle a bit.
Thank you for the advice.
I have been in and out of psychological treatments as for a long time I was misdiagnosed with anxiety and depression. It wasn’t until the loss of a baby I was given the correct diagnosis and support. Which explains why non of the talking therapies helped.
I’m currently awaiting step 4 intervention to have EMDR treatment however my psychologist is bridging the wiring gap with grounding techniques which is helping with the disassociation.

I always find a Monday is the worst as my husband works away and is home on a weekend and we are always so busy then a Monday I completely disassociate because it’s like my mind has a minute to think and starts with the repetitive ‘you don’t feel right’ ‘there’s something wrong with you’ saga!

this is when the grounding techniques become useful however I find it tiring to keep busy and can’t relax so praying for just a good sleep or a 5 minutes to myself when I can genuinely be relaxed