• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Religious trauma and reclaiming positive sexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

{hot~tea}

Learning
Hi everyone, what are some ways that you have worked to reclaim your sexuality in positive ways? I have religious trauma and sometimes I still struggle with guilt/shame after having sex with my partner. Interestingly enough, I also seem to have a higher sex drive on the days where I'm struggling with depression and shame. The trauma is deep and mostly on a subconscious level so I would love to hear some ways some of you with similar pasts have reclaimed and healed your sexuality.

Hi everyone, what are some ways that you have worked to reclaim your sexuality in positive ways? I have religious trauma and sometimes I still struggle with guilt/shame after having sex with my partner. Interestingly enough, I also seem to have a higher sex drive on the days where I'm struggling with depression and shame. The trauma is deep and mostly on a subconscious level so I would love to hear some ways some of you with similar pasts have reclaimed and healed your sexuality.
Pole dancing

It felt positive at the time but I wouldn’t do it today which was online modeling. Helped me feel like I was in charge and I made the rules—because I had to and I got a ton of instant feedback—most of it good but sometimes bad—so I had to learn to mute and kick out negative people, depend on people to mod for me, etc. There were drawbacks like anything and I think I eventually outgrew its usefulness but it gave me a sense of importance with my sexuality and a sense that I was in control and that anything I did with my body there were people who loved it, which gave me a sense of power and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back